161.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 3-16i.jpg
    3-16i.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 68

Jdubya

May 19, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much snow did the Valley get this year?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't say, Jdubya without lookin it up. Just on personal observations of the country side down in the Banana Belt, it appears maybe a little less than usual. But that's deceptive, as we've had some unseasonably warm days that melted the snow off. We're on track here in Summit for our average 120 inches, maybe a little above, so they're probably about average for whatever they get. Although it's been warm, it hasn't resulted in much melt and runoff. I put out a couple of markers along the river down there, and not much change in the water level in the last couple of months.

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if you could just stop all the irrigation and let some of that make it down to Kansas like it used to. Here is what the Arkansas looks like by the time it gets to Dodge City.

Attachments

• arkriver.jpg
    arkriver.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 61

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks beautiful! 3 weeks ago that river was a giant ice flow.

Loving the deep red rock in that second pic!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been through wesern Kansas, but didn't know the Arkansas ran dry, Digger. Irrigation in eastern Colorado would cause that. I know the Arkansas has a lot of water in it in Colorado and down in Oklahoma. You brought up a good point though. Water, or lack of it, will kill the west. There's a big lake about 3 blocks from where I live. It ain't mine, all that goes to Denver so they can water their lawns or wash their cars. I pee in it every chance I get. There is currently a bill in the legislature to allow residents to collect up to 600 gallons of rainwater per year. Because right now if I set a bucket out to collect rainwater I could be arrested.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was speaking in jest when I said I pee in Dillon Reservoir every chance I get. I don't do that. Probably. But I do flush twice as it's a long ways to Denver. At least it's downhill. About A MILE downhill to the old 'Mile High City'.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Several years ago I was on private property near Lamar, CO in late summer, and the Arkansas River was sure low there. Wouldn't even make a decent creek in western Oregon. Had the opportunity to do some 'tecting for about an hour. Found some square nails and a coupled of three ringer bullets that were flattened from being run over by a wagon wheel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread