tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove to Elko NV from Green River UT via Price, Utah and did a zig-zag drive to connect to the loneliest road in America hwy 50 in Nevada. Crossing the Wasatch Mountains there is still deep snow. From there I took a road that lead me to hwy 50 and saw this old coke oven along that road. Following the Siever River in Utah I passed the dry lake bed the river empty's in to. The one shot is hwy 50 and miles of nothing ahead, so I filled up in Delta, Utah for the trip across it to Ely, NV. I took NV hwy 39 north to Elko and watched the sunset behind the Ruby Mountains of Northern Nevada.

Attachments

• utah nevada 1.jpg
    utah nevada 1.jpg
    756.3 KB · Views: 81
  • utah nevada 2.jpg
    utah nevada 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • utah nevada 3.jpg
    utah nevada 3.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 75
  • utah nevada 4.jpg
    utah nevada 4.jpg
    856.3 KB · Views: 78
  • utah nevada 5.jpg
    utah nevada 5.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 69

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice photographs. I hunted the Ruby mountains looking for a wiley old mule deer buck years and years ago. Never did get back there and always wanted to.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photographs. I hunted the Ruby mountains looking for a wiley old mule deer buck years and years ago. Never did get back there and always wanted to.
He's waiting for ya!.... I got a northern Nevada deer hunting story that involved one guy getting dunk at Jack Creek in a bar, some young cowboys and a trip to the hospital in Elko were the county sheriff was they to meet us. It's a long story and crazy I wish to forget. It could have all been avoided with a simple apology.

Attachments

• mule deer ruby's.jpg
    mule deer ruby's.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 67

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have some hunting stories from N. Nevada, a couple anyhow. Best told over a camp fire with no ladies present.

AuSomeness

Aug 12, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that area. Watching lightning across the sky there is a sight to behold. Did you see any of the wild horses that roam near Elko? Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that area. Watching lightning across the sky there is a sight to behold. Did you see any of the wild horses that roam near Elko? Thanks for sharing!
I know I've seen wild horse someplace in Nevada and the wild burro's in around Oatman, Arizona. The herd in northern New Mexico own the road and will run out in front of you if you not watching the road. Once I came up on a young colt that got lost from the herd and he sat in the middle of the road all scared and lost looking. I got out and chased him off the road and in my rear view mirror I could see he went right back out on the road. I felt bad for the little guy and I hope the herd came back to retrieve their little lost pony :( so I told the lady at the gas station in Costilla about the little straggler and she called her husband to go out and see what he could do to run him away from the road and keep him safe. I'm sure the herd would have come back around where he was and got him back. Going north of Questa, New Mexico, they all took their sweet time in letting me drive on this day.

Attachments

• wild horse 3.jpg
    wild horse 3.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 66

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful shots Grant, and worse yet, they are making
me miss Nevada, BIG TIME...8-)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful shots Grant, and worse yet, they are making
me miss Nevada, BIG TIME...8-)
Most folks only see Nevada from I-80 and say there's nothing there. They also see Wyoming the same way. They'll never know what their missing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread