tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the dogs out to the old coal mine site to have a look around. The city burns the grass out there ever now and then and it makes it easier to spot stuff. In the 80's the place was subject to all the super-fund mine reclamation clean ups going on all over the west. In the case of this place it looks like all they did was bulldoze all the out buildings and piles of junk folks dropped off over the years in to the shaft and covered it up I'm sure that this was a dumping place for many years as I did find a Colo. 1923 license plate with many other old items here and there. I found an old wagon spindle with a piece of the wood axle inside and a mudflap that was upside down and found it to be from an Autocar truck, that I would guess came from the time they did the reclamation cleanup in the 1980's No major treasures out there worth much, but I did find some of this very heavy copper wire along with lots of old telephone wire some time ago. When copper scrap was selling at a premium I turned it in to cash. There is more of the heavy copper wire out there buried in the ground. I pulled up about 30 feet of it that was just below the surface and then it got deeper in the ground, so I cut it off at that point and found an old leaf spring and marked that spot. Sometime I need to take a shovel and see if I can dig up the rest. The last pic is a few of my favorite things found in the area like the old marbles and a porcelain bottle cap for Manitou Table Water from Manitou Springs Colorado, along with a short piece of that copper wire with a dime to show the scale of it. I'm like the only one who ever explores out at that site. Ever now and then you'll see someone walking their dogs, but they've no clue of the history to be found around there.

Attachments

• stuff in field 1.jpg
    stuff in field 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
  • stuff in field 2.jpg
    stuff in field 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
  • stuff in field 3.jpg
    stuff in field 3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 66

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some neat "bits of history" tamrock, thanks for sharing your finds with us.:icon_thumleft:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool Grant,

You start diggin around you just may find the rest of that wagon,or.................. GOLD DUDE!:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread