Random pictures

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's some random pictures I've snapped over the years.
1A.jpg
The North Umpqua river one deer season several years ago.
1B.jpg
Mount Thielsen in the High Cascade mountains during a different deer season.
1D.jpg
The Oregon Coast.
1E.jpg
Mount Shasta taken from just south of the Oregon border.
7.jpg
Me, taken a few years ago when I was still gainfully employed. I'm 6'2" tall, and that's an old growth Douglas Fir.
1C.jpg
This is me and my dog Sam way back during deer season in about 1961.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What was that rifle you were packing?

GOD Bless

Chris

Model 94 Winchester 25-35. It started life as a rifle, 30-30 I think, anyhow, my Uncle got it from the California Prison system when they modernized, and cut it down to carbine size and installed the 25-35 barrel. That was one fine shooting gun, and made me a lot of meat over the years, especially when it seemed like everything I did had to be horse back. The head space went bad on it, and I had it converted back to a 30-30 rifle with an octagon barrel. It's serial numbered to back before 1900, and I don't use it much anymore.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
These are all really nice....I remember those one log loads. Were you a log scaler?

No, For many years I drove a rubber tire cat 950 with log forks, off bore the barker, loaded steam tunnels and fed the mill. I used to laugh and tell people I backed up without looking and stopped by running into things. It was darn sure a fast paced job. The last few months the mill was around I was running a Waggner, loading and unloading trucks, and feeding the barker. A friend drove log truck, and he hauled a log off Burnt Mountain that they had to notch so it would fit between the forks on the truck, and he was over width, over height, over length, and over weight, and it was one log. There are still some really big Doug Fir over there today. We used to get some of those big logs in perhaps once a month or so, but there just kept getting to be less and less, so several of us decided to take our picture before they quit all together. That picture was probably in the early 80's. When ever it was, that's when the owl was putting a stop to logging old growth.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
5.jpg This is the only picture I can find of the Wagner loading a truck. This one was snapped off an analog video I took, back in the day that I played with video. I know I have more photos, but they were taken with a film camera, and ??? Oh well, now I have something to do, going to have to look for those pictures. Looking for this one, I did find some more good pictures I'll have to share with you guys.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I was hauling lumber and chips for a company called Bohemia at the time they used the owl to stop a lot of logging. It was the same time frame you mentioned when I saw all the one log loads coming in to the mill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions