Painting "Winter Cardinal"

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
This is a painting I did last year. Been a long time since Ive posted on here and have forgot everything, so consider this a test
winter cardinal.jpg

Attachments

• winter cardinal2.jpg
    winter cardinal2.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your paintings. Your very good. The last time you posted you talked about doing some prints of your art. I'd like to purchase one if you get around to doing it. Your as Iowa as Grant Wood IMO.

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Your picture has the look like it should be a 1000 piece puzzle. Good picture.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Thank you Packerbacker, its appreciated. I use to be on here all the time. but personal things have slowed me down a bit. This is a very well run forum, with lots of great members.
Van

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear from you, VanGone. I ain't forgotten you, cause your handle always reminds of that Beat Farmers album of the same name.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
am gothic.jpg Thank you Tamrock. You mentioned in one of my earlier post about your Mom loving Iowa artist Grant Wood. Grant Wood is a story of its self. When he was painting back in those years he didnt have much money or fame, but look at what one of his originals sells for today. Heres a picture of a recreation of Grant Woods painting American Gothic painted on a barn near Mt Vernon Iowa. I got this picture from Google. Check out Google. The artist that did this has mural;s on all sides of this barn. Very talented artist. Im going to stop and shoot some pictures of my own of this barn when the weather gets better. As for Grant Wood I can never hold a candle to his work, but do like his work and as a kid tried to be like him. I do have some of my originals scanned, but am not really into selling them. I scan them mostly just to have a copy and to keep the scan archived in case something happens to an original. My Daughter is a very good portrait artist and she lost a bunch of her originals when her house was caught in a flood in 2008. She was lucky to have had some scaned, but lost a bunch that hadnt been scanned. We felt really bad over that You mentioned Pheasant hunting in Iowa. It is a great place to hunt, but the Pheasant population has been down in recent years. I use ti love hunting them
Van

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
I havnt forgot you either RGINN because of all those super pictures you post. I remember when you first got your camera, you were shooting super pictures from day one. The name Van Gone is a pen name I use on cartoons that I do.
Van AKA Ed

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always thought that "VanGone" was a little play on "VanGogh". Get it? "Gone-Gogh". Kinda like Vangogh has Vangone.......never mind. :)

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Actually you are correct Packerbacker. Vangogh was a goof crazy guy who cut off his ear and gave it to his girl friend. Well I draw crazy goofy cartoons so I started using the pen name Vangone. I found out that there are people with the name Vangone so I changed it to Van Gone. Here's a sample of my Van Gone stuff
marle.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread