Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up near Radium, CO, and actually about a 1/2 mile south of the river in a little state wildlife campground. Not much more than a place to spend the night, and entirely too close to a little creek, but it's free if you have a habitat stamp and a perfect base camp for hikin out to some areas I wanted to look over. A little windy, but clear and up in the 60's in the day and down to 24 at night. Good time for rafting the river before it gets up and a little more dangerous in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• 3-30a.jpg
    3-30a.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 3-30c.jpg
    3-30c.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 3-30d.jpg
    3-30d.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 3-30e.jpg
    3-30e.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 3-30f.jpg
    3-30f.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 85

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah! You venture west of the divide this time. Looks like the Colorado is starting to fill up?

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That coffee sure looks good. Love to have a cup with you.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep tamrock, also the first time I've camped up north since last year too. I wouldn't think the Colorado's up too much yet cause that's the clearest I've ever seen it in that area. Runoff hasn't really started for us yet either. Still, the current was stronger than it looked. That's a pretty calm stretch through there anyway, and I saw quite a few rafters out on the water.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to spend a lot of time on the lower Colorado around Davis Dam, Parker, Blythe areas. Did some rafting, dirt bike riding and fishing the backwaters for catfish. Also took part in some innertube races for a couple years. Our team came in 2nd twice and 3rd place once. Then some of our camp areas were closed off to the public and we quit going. Same ol' story, a few ruin it for the rest.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This brings back a memory from the early to mid 70s. I, with my wife and 2 daughters, went past Lampasas, Texas, along with my sis and her husband, son, and daughter, to a place called 'Lemon's Camp' that was on the Colorado River. Using a little flat bottom boat, we had some trot lines out and were running them occasionally. I wasn't with my brother-in-law when it happened, but an uncle that tagged along and the nephew were in the boat running the trot lines just after midnight. They were slowly pulling themselves along the line when the boat suddenly bumped into a stump in the water. They had a flashlight, but didn't have it on. Suddenly something was in the boat and it sounded like it was demolishing the boat. All three jumped overboard. The water wasn't too deep. When they finally turned on the flashlight, there was about a 15 pound catfish in the boat! It had been 'spooked' and jumped into the boat when the boat hit the stump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread