update 5/13/07 - she passed away daddys little cancer patient

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
update 5/13/07 - she passed away daddy's little cancer patient

my girl, going to probably lose her soon to cancer, dont know what i will do without her.

took her to the vet yesterday morning 5/10/07, she was breathing hard, wouldnt eat her eggs for breakfast, the cancer is really bad now, she has a huge mass in her back off blocing her intestines, she wont even eat a cheesburger, doc has her on prednesone to try and shrink it, if it doesnt go down considerably and she still wont eat monday thats it, I am not counting her out yet but either way she doesnt have long.

Thank you all for your support.

Mike

she passed away yesterday 5/12/07

Attachments

• DSC00261.jpg
    DSC00261.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 599
  • DSC00259.jpg
    DSC00259.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 604

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: daddy's little cancer patient

shes a cutie... ;D

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac

more....

Attachments

• glasses.jpg
    glasses.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 607
  • glasses 2.jpg
    glasses 2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 598

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

Very nice looking girl. I know how you are feeling, I just had my girl put down on Monday. Had her for 16 years. Its amazing how attached you get to them.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice looking Princess my friend....Looks like she is happy and thats what counts....Take care Mike..

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

mike28,

Been there, my friend....several times. The last was the hardest because I'm the one who picked him out of the litter and named him....Sparkey...my cocker spaniel. It's been 6 months. I think of him a lot when I'm out alone...md'ng. :'(

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

Mike I am sorry . She is beautiful. I have been just where you are with our 14 year old lab. He was smarter than any human. Blessings your way > Marjorierose

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

poor baby---losing a good dog is losing a real freind--- having a dog put down is hard but you don't want them to suffer do you? you love them more than that right? my dad took one on a "last hunt" many years ago-----she hated to go to the vet but loved hunting---- to get her to go to the vet "the last time"--- dad said lets go hunting ---she wobbled to the truck tail wagging happily ---- he let her "walk" in the rabbit feilds once last time for about an hour before they went to the vets office---it about broke his heart

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

My father in law had to say goodbye to his beagle of 5 years due to lung cancer. They were inseparable. Throughout his life, he would not let anyone pick him up. For his last two days, all he wanted was to jump in your lap and let you hold him. Ironic, huh. They seem to know when it is their time before we do. Losing a best friend is never easy. The important things are that they are happy and in no pain. She is a beautiful dog. Prayers for your and your family.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

:'( :'( I feel your pain. Lost 2 of my best friends this year. Snuffy 2/9, Oscar 4/18. It's hard but to watch them suffer would be harder. You don't realize what a major part of your daily routine they are, I'm constantly thinking what I need to do for them...........

She is beautiful, I hope you get to enjoy her for quite a while longer. She looks like a ham. Bet she is spoiled rotten! Thanks for sharing!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

What a cutie. Love the tiara, but I think the shades show her coolness ever so much. ;)

It's so hard when they go, I've said goodbye to a few of 'em myself.

I'll be thinking of her and of you.

Nan

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT

She's a beauty! My heart goes out to you both. Wishing you plenty of time to spend with her while you have the chance. You'll be in my thoughts..

Kilika

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal

;D What a beautifully gorgeous lady you have there!! ;D

She is in My Prayers, Well Wishes & Warmest of Warm Thoughts

Bogart :D

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,

I feel your pain. I just put down my Beagle of 11 years. My best friend.

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac

mike in FLa.
Sorry for your loss, it is killing me,she is literally my kid, i dont have kids, just her, i have spent all the money I can to try and fix it and the chemo just didnt help, her back legs are starting to swell up again but I guess the good news is she is still using the bathroom good and over all she is happy, i cant tell it is somewhat painful but she still wags her tail, she still perks up and gets excited over all her junk food (sardines,chips, frosty paws, bones, hamburgers etc.) and still loves her walks and time outside, take her to the vet tomorrow to see if he can remove the lumps that are blocking the blood flow in her back end, hope he can do it atleast one more time, she did the first one really well, wasnt down for anytime at all and back at it... thank you all for your support

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX

WHAT A BUMMER I HAVE A BLUE PIT HE IS GREAT AND SMART.FUN WITH THE KIDS TOO JUST INTIMIDATING HE IS ABOUT 90LBS.WILL UNDERSTAND YOUR LOSS

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Re: update 5/13/07 - she passed away daddy's little cancer patient

I am so sorry. I know how you feel. :'( Keep your chin up, at least there is no more suffering. Keep the faith.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

sorry to hear it---a good dog is a blessing--- don't ask for much and loves ya all the time --unlike most folks which are the other way around.

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

I am so very sorry for your lost. I have been there my friend, I can relate to the way you are probably feeling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread