tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some shots of the Colorado mining region that began in 1859. First picture is at a mine with an old winch and ore car on site. The other pictures are the town of Ward Colorado. I liked the old home built 1948 to 50 ? Ford motor home sitting on the main drag. Not much of a town Ward is anymore. I believe the town began with a short run of placer gold and moved on to silver load mining shortly after the placers were found to be too little picken's. This region kind of reminds me of some of the old ghost towns and country of the highway 49 region of California with the exception that this range faces east and the Atlantic ocean is more then 1700 miles away. I remember the last time I was in California at Sutter Creek maybe 3 years ago now and I could smell the ocean salt air from a ridge that overlooked the Sacramento valley way up there on highway 49. I wanted to head down to it, but that was the farthest west I was going on that trip. That Pacific ocean and SF Bay air is something you really notice if your nostrils aren't all that frequently around it. I had my mind on some of that SF sourdough bread.

Attachments

• gold hill ward 1.jpg
    gold hill ward 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • gold hill ward 2.jpg
    gold hill ward 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • gold hill ward 3.jpg
    gold hill ward 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1292864

up near my mine above central city thought you might like. Bryan in Denver
I do like it. Central City is a great place to wonder around. Just think of all the old coinage lost around there? Maybe some old miners stash left behind after he got all drunk and ended up dead in some ally, never to return to his treasure stash again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread