Crowdcontrol

Greenie
Apr 27, 2015
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Taken while hiking the 1880s railroad that ran next to Cambria creek. IMG_1038.JPG IMG_1033.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always enjoyed walking along RR tracks. Maybe it was the stories my uncle would tell me, who was in his early twenties at the height of the great depression. He'd shared with me the stories of his of life as a train jump'n hobo, always heading to a place he'd herd you could find work. They were all kind of magical stories to me when he told them.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't make sense, why is the rail bed under water? Normally they are more built up.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why it went under.

Under what? If your talking about a tunnel, you wouldn't want the tunnel to flood. They would make sure that the grading would allow any water in the tunnel to drain out.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under what? If your talking about a tunnel, you wouldn't want the tunnel to flood. They would make sure that the grading would allow any water in the tunnel to drain out.
That could be the creek mentioned, but it does look like a grade cut filled with water. Maybe the RR grade it on the left of the photo ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread