tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are a couple angles of Mt Princeton in the upper Arkansas valley. The first is coming down over Trout Creek pass and the second is coming up the Arkansas valley as I was heading home today. The other two pic's are a place I now call the "Stick Stop". Found an interesting rock at that location. I need to find out what it is. The geology lab at the mine I go to is right next to were I do my work when I'm there, so I'll have the geologist have a look at it. I have a hunch it may set off a slight reading on a geiger counter. It looks volcanic, intrusive in nature. Maybe Rhyolite? and seems heavy for it's size. :dontknow:

Attachments

• princeton 1.jpg
    princeton 1.jpg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 83
  • princeton 2.jpg
    princeton 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • stick stop 1.jpg
    stick stop 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
  • stick stop 2.jpg
    stick stop 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 91

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! WOW!! You are truly blessed with some gorgeous country up there!! Thanks for the Pics!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy your pictures, keep up the great work.

Engine

40coupe

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock, you can imagine my dismay when the Longfellow Elementary school here was demolished last fall, along with the former grass playground dug up, and I didn't see a single MD'er out there beforehand...
BTW, that's a USGS Survey Marker next to that little tree in your photo, isn't it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock, you can imagine my dismay when the Longfellow Elementary school here was demolished last fall, along with the former grass playground dug up, and I didn't see a single MD'er out there beforehand...
BTW, that's a USGS Survey Marker next to that little tree in your photo, isn't it?
I'm not familiar with this school you mentioned. Indeed that is a USGS marker. Looks like it's going to wash away someday.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I figured that out. Amazing, as Will Rogers was my hero when I was growin up. A lot of what he said is still relevant today. I will have to think a while to top that.

Attachments

• 5-5a.jpg
    5-5a.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 84

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grew up in BC, west of the Selkirks/Rockies kind of miss the rock face mountains. Grew up looking at this 8220ft. mountain face

84867646.jpg

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot diggity dog!!! Ya found it. That he was. I like to read'n his quote from time to time.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot diggity dog!!! Ya found it. That he was. I like to read'n his quote from time to time.
Yeah buddy. You said somethin about native son so I was thinkin Colorado and had no clue. Little did I imagine a fellow Oklahoman was buried along the Arkansas River south of Leadville. Pretty cool. Wherever did you come up with that?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah buddy. You said somethin about native son so I was thinkin Colorado and had no clue. Little did I imagine a fellow Oklahoman was buried along the Arkansas River south of Leadville. Pretty cool. Wherever did you come up with that?
I've had it for sometime now. I picked it up on the road someplace along the way. The man definitely has a lot of places named in his honor. He was no doubt a well loved American.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the airport in OKC is named after him. We always got a laugh out of that since he did die in a plane crash.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did come along in those times of the great depression. My Mother who is 92 and lived those times said he sure put a smile on the faces of many folks going through the tough times back then. It's no wonder they of that generation loved him so, a good laugh can do a lot, no matter what your going through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread