Made it through the winter now at 7 months old.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now spring has arrived he's now 7 months old, an unruly teenager that thinks he knows it all, brave till challenged then it's chicken little. But it's times like this one when I looked up from doing some yard work and he's taking a breather that it makes it all worth while. Just taken with the cell phone but it turned out alright

IMG_20150501_110019203.jpg

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Handsome GS - one of my favorite breeds. Now you have to wait for the brain to catch up with the body! :laughing7:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Handsome GS - one of my favorite breeds. Now you have to wait for the brain to catch up with the body! :laughing7:

So true! Somedays he's the best, and others it's what's up with you today? The prey drive is one that we wouldn't miss if he woke up and lost it.:)

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true! Somedays he's the best, and others it's what's up with you today? The prey drive is one that we wouldn't miss if he woke up and lost it.:)

Yep, the prey drive can be problematic - neighbor had a 1 y/o GS, seen a cat across the street - ran headlong into a parked car door and put a dent in it!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He sure is epic looking. A wonderful breed they are.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is absolutely beautiful and he can cut huge trees too.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep, the prey drive can be problematic - neighbor had a 1 y/o GS, seen a cat across the street - ran headlong into a parked car door and put a dent in it!

Maybe things will mellow once the boys are removed, but that's a ways down the road. Training is the big thing and that takes time it seems.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He is absolutely beautiful and he can cut huge trees too.

The tree was on the neighbouring park lands, and the ol' guy was falling down so it was time. 5 3/4' through where they cut at the base. I got the living limbs one was 22" through and I'll be able to mill the red oak, I counted over 200 growth ring. I might be able to get some flame looking wood from the trunk, I'll see if I can pull it off.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He sure is epic looking. A wonderful breed they are.

That's for sure, had a King GS in the 70's came in at 155 lbs, the best dog I ever had for brains.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great looking dog. My son has one, and it's kind of a one man dog, meaning I don't just go over and pet it. My boy got the dog as an adult, and it had been mistreated, but it's got a good life now, and the dog is coming around.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The problem is lots of folks give up, they think the GS should be a Golden Retriever but they're not, one owner dog even in the household. Pack attitude and the food dish goes a long ways.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions