Fossis...................

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Those swimming holes look very inviting indeed! Very beautiful, thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Rich in Houston

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you see the cave in the background? I can't get to it, too high, but sure would like to check it out... I zoomed in on it....

Attachments

• hamilcave.jpg
    hamilcave.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 359

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a buddy who's from Texas that goes to college with me that I'm sure would get into that cave. I'd suggest at least roping off and rappelling into it... though knowing him, he'd probably try and free-climb it. *shrugs*

Bran <><

OP
OP
Rich in Houston

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's the problem. I can't get to it.. It is a county park and they are very strict in this county (Travis county, Austin Tx.) Used to be private property back in the 70s. I bet people were in there.. Wonder what was found...

T

TreasureTales

Very interesting locations. In the first photo, is that a deep well or a natural hole in the bottom of the swimming hole? Whatever it is, it gives real meaning to the term "swimming hole." LOL

Were those locations formerly quarries?

OP
OP
Rich in Houston

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are natural. The 1st, Jacobs Well is a 30 foot spring. After 30 feet it turns and Honey cones out another 150 feet, or so they say.. Many a drivers have been in there. I hear they have lost a few of them over the years.. They would get back into the Honey cone part of the well and get lost and run out of air.. Bones from the last just washed out of the honeycomb two years ago, After a big flood. He was lost in 1977.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just freakin' creepy... I'd probably have a heartattack if bones came floating up out of that well while I was in the water!!!

T

TreasureTales

Rich in Houston said:
They are natural. The 1st, Jacobs Well is a 30 foot spring. After 30 feet it turns and Honey cones out another 150 feet, or so they say.. Many a drivers have been in there. I hear they have lost a few of them over the years.. They would get back into the Honey cone part of the well and get lost and run out of air.. Bones from the last just washed out of the honeycomb two years ago, After a big flood. He was lost in 1977.

Thank you for the additional info. It really is fascinating to learn about different places across this great country of ours. Bones washing out of the honeycomb portion of the spring - that is just freaking creepy, and sad.

OP
OP
Rich in Houston

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
People have been swimming there for thousands of years. I find arrowheads around the area. The bones didn't come floating out of coarse, but it did push them to the second opening where it starts to honeycone. Anyway the water is crystal clear ( and 63 degrees all year, burr!) So imagine, your in the well and you dive down there, because you can about 30' and the water is sooo clear and you see some bones! It would be freaky.. I think though with that last Person they found, they have found them all. I have heard rumors that anywhere from 3 to 8 people have been lost there since the 50s ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions