tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took these yesterday morning coming down from a mine I call on. The sky was overcast and made for poor light for taking pictures, but it's always fun to go to this place. The Aspens are getting their leaves and the temp was still a little cool and I had to crank the heat up in the motel I stayed at that night, but that's spring time in the Rockies. I'm just glade it isn't freezing at night, because the moisture in the cracks of the rock cliffs along this road come lose due to the process of erosion known as frost wedging. There's been a few busted up windshields from rocks falling off the ledges on this road. One guy got hit by a rock the size of a basket ball when I was up here once. Still my old Ford pick-up is getting the job done with over 300'000 on it now. It is getting time for some suspension work on it though.

Attachments

• mine road 1.jpg
    mine road 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • mine road 2.jpg
    mine road 2.jpg
    997.3 KB · Views: 118
  • mine road 3.jpg
    mine road 3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What's the red roof up there in the distance? Sure pretty country.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the red roof up there in the distance? Sure pretty country.
That be somebodies mountain retreat. There are a few lower towards town.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking place to get some great shots.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and bought a new truck today and worried all the way home about rock slides or snow up on the pass. It'll be at least a week before I get it out on the backroads, haha!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and bought a new truck today and worried all the way home about rock slides or snow up on the pass. It'll be at least a week before I get it out on the backroads, haha!
This old ford is still run'n. It now has over 300'000 on it, but I told mama today I need to keep in mine a newer rig here sometime. It's getting a bit rickety now with those many miles on it. I take it pretty slow on these kind of road.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread