Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lake Powell's, Glen Canyon Dam

My trip this week took me through Page Arizona and by the Glen Canyon Dam that holds the Colorado river to form Lake Powell. I keep thinking someday I'd like to get a boat and explore the shores of lake Powell. Just search some images of the the lake online and you'll see some awesome scenery. Still though it is a bit sad to think of these endless miles of canyons will no longer be what they once were in their natural state before it was all filled in by this massive reservoir. Once there was this original painting by Norman Rockwell of this dam. It wasn't on the wall on this visit and the staff said it was returned to the Norman Rockwell in Stockbridge, Mass. I did take a photo of the painting on a previous visit I made when the painting was on the wall at the visitor center a couple years ago. I believe that would be the only original work I've ever seen in person done by Norman Rockwell.

Attachments

• glen canyon dam 1.jpg
    glen canyon dam 1.jpg
    869.9 KB · Views: 105
  • glen canyon dam 2.jpg
    glen canyon dam 2.jpg
    978.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Glen Canyon dam 3.jpg
    Glen Canyon dam 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • glencan.jpg
    glencan.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 117

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
All your recent posts almost make me anxious to get back on the road. Used to run these same routes fairly regular.

The Rockwell painting is very cool. Never knew anything about it.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All your recent posts almost make me anxious to get back on the road. Used to run these same routes fairly regular.

The Rockwell painting is very cool. Never knew anything about it.
I bet you would miss the road from time to time.

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's beautiful....but kills me to think how many archaeological sites were inundated...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread