Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look'n at new stuff this Sat. sunny morn

I'm up this morning checking out something very cool I picked up at a local flea market yesterday. I'ts a 20.60 X 60 Bushnell spotting scope. I don't know how old it is, but it's for sure in excellent condition and came with this tripod for a total of $16.21 after tax. I got to try it out this morning in the back yard and I took a shot of what I viewed far away. In the one picture of the landscape I put an arrow pointing at what looks the size of a speck of dust. I could see that dust speck as a big house on a hillside and note the style of the house the count of window it had in the back and see the guys grill on the back deck. I don't know if I'll ebay this thing or keep it?. I also found at a local thrift store some headphones for less then $4.00 with a 1/4" jack for my BH tracker IV. Duh! why I didn't think I need to find some that have a volume nob on them. These headphone will for sure blow out my eardrums. I'll try it with some earplugs to see how that does. I also took a couple other shot of what goes around me on a these sunny Saturday morns. I've got a small airstrip just east of me and I've seen all kinds of aircraft over the years flying around. This one little plane looked and sounded like a little home built RC plane you could sit in and fly and I always have the hot air balloons coming overhead on these cooler Saturday mornings. I think it cost like $250. per person if you want to go up in one. They all take off from a 1/2 mile from where I live and try and land around a 1/2 mile the other way east from what I've noticed. They've hit the trees on my street a few times when they're not getting the lift they need. Some folks have yelled hello and waved at me in my back yard before when they come overhead real low. They all look like their having fun up there, so maybe someday I'll give it a go. I've gone down countless deep shafts many times before, but they have a heavy steel cables hanging on to a cage and dog cleats to stab in to the guide timbers if that cable breaks, so I'm not so sure about being in a basket hooked up with a bunch of twine to a big bag full of hot air. :icon_pale: Well I better hurry up and go put my new spotting scope back out in the shed, Mama ill get up soon and see it here with me and ask "now what is it, you brought home" ???

Attachments

• spot scope a.jpg
    spot scope a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
  • spot scope b.jpg
    spot scope b.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 84
  • spot scope landscape.jpg
    spot scope landscape.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • spot scope m.jpg
    spot scope m.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 83
  • spot scope n.jpg
    spot scope n.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
When you have the speck of the house in your spotting scope, put your camera to the eye piece and see how the picture turns out, that might be interesting. I have/had a spotting scope,
I think my son borrowed it, and they bonded or something like that. I'll have to check. One problem I had with the scope was heat waves get magnified, and it's not nice and clear like you'd
hope for. You stole that scope for $14.95, way to go.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you have the speck of the house in your spotting scope, put your camera to the eye piece and see how the picture turns out, that might be interesting. I have/had a spotting scope,
I think my son borrowed it, and they bonded or something like that. I'll have to check. One problem I had with the scope was heat waves get magnified, and it's not nice and clear like you'd
hope for. You stole that scope for $14.95, way to go.
I gave that a try with the camera on the scope and I'm unable to get anything that way. I can't steady it enough. I can reach out pretty well with this old Kodak and I zoomed it up as best I could to that house on the hill. It's the house with the red arrow overhead. That same house through the scope I can pull up on it with a larger magnification and a lot more detail. Down side is the slightest movement makes it to difficult to stay on a subject far away, but you can get some good identifying features with it. That's a big 10-4 on the price I got this. I believe the seller was thinking it was some cheap little telescope like you can get at Walmart?. They didn't realize it was a well made piece of high power optics. Down side to it is it being a straight tube type and not like today's prism scopes. The length of this one makes it harder to steady over the shorter prism type scopes IMO. This gangling tripod isn't the best for it either.

Attachments

• spot scope cam shot.jpg
    spot scope cam shot.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 78

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you gotta steal on that. They're cool to go to, but they don't really have flea markets here in the high dollar resort area. Welp, tomorrow I'm off to Wyoming cause there's country there I haven't seen yet and stories I haven't heard told.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you gotta steal on that. They're cool to go to, but they don't really have flea markets here in the high dollar resort area. Welp, tomorrow I'm off to Wyoming cause there's country there I haven't seen yet and stories I haven't heard told.
I just drove I80 west bound through Wyoming. Good weather the whole way from Laramie to the Utah line. It was warm about 80 degrees. The forecast for tomorrow is for a little cooler temps with highs in the mid 70s. Have a safe trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread