Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a second night there and the wind blew so hard all night the tent stayed mostly flat. Probably a lot of outlaw tales associated with the place but I haven't had time to do much research. All the people I talked to around the campin area were from Colorado. My son came over and we examined one prehistoric site he had located. Lots of flakes and chips, and he found a complete point last year. He does falconry, and he brought his Finnish Goshawk over. This little dude is gonna be big. Only 2 weeks old and almost a foot tall.

Attachments

• 6-3b.jpg
    6-3b.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 6-3c.jpg
    6-3c.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 6-2d.jpg
    6-2d.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 6-4k.jpg
    6-4k.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 6-4l.jpg
    6-4l.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 56

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your photos are fantastic!!!!

Love that bird!

Engine

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this will be his best one yet, Enginefitter. Still a chick and not real comfortable walking, but a very sharp little guy, and he never missed a movement. Even through that plastic tub he was able to spot the ground squirrels and chipmunks running around the campsite. He's not real happy with his reflection in the camera lens. My son lives in Cheyenne WY and that's excellent country for falconers.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so cool having a falcon. I recall wanting to take up falconry when I was younger. I guess I had a lot of dreams of the things I was going to do back then.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is pretty cool. And falconry is regulated by the state and he is in compliance with all government regulations. I got to see his redtail hunt in Oklahoma and that was pretty neat. They're allowed to trap wild hawks of different types according to their license level. They usually use these for a while then release them back into the wild. This Goshawk was captive bred, so he will probably be keeping this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions