The Apricots Are Ready!!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been making apricot jam. We jarred up a bunch already. My son has already taken his half of the booty and I gave some to a neighbor so this is all I have left for now. I'll probably pick more today. My granddaughter loves them right off the tree. She visits the garden area regularly. :)

Attachments

• mati eating apricot in the garden.jpg
    mati eating apricot in the garden.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 43
  • jam.jpg
    jam.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 43

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have a miniature apricot tree in the back yard. I've noticed the plum, pear, and cherry trees are beginning to bear fruit, but the apricot tree has no fruit this year. We had a freeze after all the trees were already in bloom. I believe that's the problem the apricot tree this year. (But I don't like apricots, though the rest of the family does.)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cute!... A flash freeze killed my grape vines last fall I came to understand. The news said this early polar vortex last fall dropped the temperatures so quickly it killed off many fruit trees and vines in my case. You got to love that Northern California climate.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks great! We have a lot of blackberries here, makes great jam also:icon_thumright:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummmmmmm good...........................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread