Garden Pics

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I have been busy getting the garden in again this year. We're already harvesting green beans, bell peppers, snow peas, cilantro, dill and a few cucumbers. We have tons of tomatoes planted along with corn, potatoes, green and yellow squash, herb garden, white and purple onions, jalapenos, watermelon and cantaloupe. Still have more to plant but it can wait a little longer. We're using a lot more drip irrigation this year to save some water. It saves a lot of time as well. There is a lot more garden than shown in these 4 pics. :)

Attachments

• garden1.jpg
    garden1.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 72
  • garden4.jpg
    garden4.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 73
  • garden5.jpg
    garden5.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 87
  • garden7.jpg
    garden7.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty !! Nothing like a fresh picked tomato :thumbsup:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dripdepot.com is a gardeners bestist friend!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind comments.
I'll check that site out airscapes. We bought an additional 500 feet of main line this year but I'm sure we won't use it all. We have all kinds of sprayers and drip buttons etc. It's nice when it's all in.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm probably a couple of hundred miles north of you, and my garden isn't near the point you are at. I thought I got my tomatoes in early this year, and only have blossoms now,
no tomatoes set yet. Everything else is way behind yours.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah bosn, we started pretty early. Actually we started our corn a little too early and got very sporadic germination so some of the corn is a lot bigger than some that popped up later. We were going to til it all under but didn't. Instead we planted another, smaller corn patch that is doing great. We should still get some from the first field though, it is already tasseling and forming ears. We have 23 tomato plants in the ground and have 7 more ready to plant. Also going to plant some winter squash in an area that gets afternoon shade.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job. Make sure you filter your water so drippers dont plug up.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
right on aa, the system is filtered. We're thinking about putting in a second timer and having 2 systems. Not sure if it will get done this year though. Here's a pic of the first corn patch. Note the different heights. We will still get corn out of it but we usually freeze a lot of corn on the cob and it's easier if it's all ripe at the same time. We will probably eat these as they ripen and then freeze the second corn patch.

Attachments

• corn.jpg
    corn.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 73

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i worked for one of the 1st installers back in the 70s called I and M irrigation here in Fresno. 1st job was 800 acres of newly planted figs in Madera.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, that's a lot of figs! We only have 2 fig trees. Fig jam is delicious. The closest a lot of people come to tasting figs is Fig Newtons and they are much better than that.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool, and if I miss anything about Oklahoma besides my family at all it is being able to have a garden. Up here if you have a greenhouse you can grow a few things, but I read in the local paper the growing season outside above 9,000 ft. is about 30 days. Well, I suppose I could have a fine radish crop!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty of sunlight, pb, but it's probably more of an altitude thing. And in the summer, the temp is mostly down in the 30's every night so the ground temperature doesn't get up enough for proper growth. Last year I put out a jalapeno plant in the flower box we got outside. It got about 6 inches tall and made one pepper. I was impressed cause that's probably never been done in Summit County.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now you're known far and wide as the "Jalapeno Whisperer" ?? :)
We cut a few, small jalapenos off some of our plants yesterday just to promote more growth. I do admire your attempt though. Shows character and tenacity! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread