tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After dinner yesterday me and my middle daughter took a little drive. We drove a loop up in the mountains and got home around nine pm. There were some rain showers coming over the front range and after cleaning my gutters out in the 80 deg day it made for a very nice way to cool off last night. We saw some very cool lightning displays in the storm up in the hills and this old stone church at Allen's Park, Colo. It was sure a good thing they built this church on a rock like they did, because the creek that ran to the left in the photo had very much devastated the area around it in the big flood a couple years ago now. Coming back through Gold Hill we could see how the storm had move out on the plains and how awesome the sunset going behind the Rockies turns the clouds pink. We had a great little time together. Beat surfing the internet or watching TV all last night.

Attachments

• drive 1 61305.jpg
    drive 1 61305.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • drive 2 061315.jpg
    drive 2 061315.jpg
    907.5 KB · Views: 75
  • drive 3 061315.jpg
    drive 3 061315.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 69

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great evening drive - I agree, get off that stinking couch and live!!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess 80 is uncomfortable in your parts. It was 110 here 2 days ago. It beat the old record for that date which was 109.
I know. I lived in Sacramento and saw a lot of 105, 107 days in that town... 110 that's killer temps. Must be this mile high infrared sun rays that got to me on that roof. It did feel pretty warm up there. I think it was like 45 up in the hills when the rain showers moved in late afternoon and it got real windy also being up at the base of a thunderhead.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures as usual. You get up in the high mountains, and the temperatures seem to work differently. Out in the sun is too hot, in the shade comfortable or even cool.
Has to do with thinner air I think.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great pictures as usual. You get up in the high mountains, and the temperatures seem to work differently. Out in the sun is too hot, in the shade comfortable or even cool.
Has to do with thinner air I think.
Yup....and that high altitude sun is HOT!
Jim

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're predicting a high of 82 for us this Sunday here in Summit County and I believe that might break a record. Grandson and I went campin last Sunday night and it got down to 33 at 6a.m. Which just beat the crap out of that 80 and rising at 6a.m. I got in Oklahoma last week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread