Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SW of Leadville, CO. I like to fish at Emerald Lake, a little pond alongside Halfmoon Creek. It is a fee area, but you will catch fish, as it's regularly stocked. I don't do catch and release, so I quit after 4, but you can catch and release all day long if you want to. All the fish will be the same size, about 8 to 10 inches long. Looks like our spring runoff is about to peak, and not too bad for us in the mountains this year.

Attachments

• 6-16a.jpg
    6-16a.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 6-16b.jpg
    6-16b.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 6-16c.jpg
    6-16c.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 6-16d.jpg
    6-16d.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 59

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have shot all these bud smokers in the hills this week with the full moon...Looks like you've got a handle on the munchies.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How quick to you clean and cook them?
ASAP. These are still alive so I put them in the ice chest and cleaned them when I got home and cooked them that evening. If we're camped then I'll take them back to camp and clean and cook them there. I really don't catch and freeze them for later use as there's probably some regulation about how many trout you can have in your possession, and I haven't gotten around to readin up on that yet.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great place to take the grandkids so they can catch a fish, pb. Note the fine Abu-Garcia reel. After over 50 years, me and Zebco have split the sheets. I would send them an e-mail tellin them to kiss my a**, but I don't know how to say that in Chinese.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like good eaters. Some color to flesh after shakin the captive diet a bonus.
Fine looking scenery for a desert/topper off-er!

A shame the zero hour bomb co. dropped it's quality to accept the old adage there's nothin can't be made cheaper and sold for more money.
Seems too common now a day's.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to ask you about that reel. I never became a fan of Zebco, but then again, the only Zebcos I've used were the really cheap ones. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread