worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
They're a bit different than what you folks on the other side of the Country see....they're
still Chipmunks though.:laughing7: This years younguns.

GOD Bless

Chris

006.JPG 007.JPG
013.JPG

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Cute little buggers :) Look similar to ours. Don't know how many varieties there are in the world. We have a couple different kinds here.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chipmunks can develop in to a verity of sub species as they become isolated from others such as in Nevada were the mountains are separated by vast flat desert valleys. Some how long ago some would leave one mountain and travel to an other and never connect with the ones they originally came from again. That's how this Palmer's Chipmunk came to be only found on one mountain in southern Nevada. North American Mammals: Tamiaspalmeri

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I read they store 5 lbs.of seed for winter...EACH.
I wouldn't doubt that a bit. I throw out some feed on the ground for the ground feeding birds like doves and others. I think these pests pack off most of it. I don't know why I bother to feed the birds after the chipmunks come out of hibernation in the spring.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute little guys!

Once we were camping out with just sleeping bags and they were scurrying around in the leaves, one decided we were a rock and scurried right over top of us!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions