tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week I was doing some work at a mine warehouse and when I went to go use the head. I saw a face peaking at me behind some boxes. It was this young Raccoon hanging around the place. After I got back to work he went up on some stock shelves close by me and spied on me again sticking his head around some boxes and watching me. He didn't want me close, but I think he wanted me to offer some food. No doubt folks are feeding him as, he's way to curious of people.

Attachments

• raccoon.jpg
    raccoon.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 78

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
lord if you ever feed him he will not leave. I made that mistake. I fed one that was coming up on my back deck. At first it was just one, then another one showed up, and another and another and before I knew it I had 10 hungry and very aggressive raccoons demanding to be fed. They would come to the window and hang on the screen, tearing it to shreds, and squeal loudly if there was nothing out there. Had to take drastic measures to remove them. Regretted ever feeding that first one....

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
If you feed him cornbread and butter milk, it will fatten him up and make his meat taste sweeter!

Here is a link to my favorite recipe:

BBQ Raccoon Sandwiches

GL&HH!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll stay with BBQ Chicken.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images (69).jpg
Oh yes keep feeding them. Especially the ones that wander around during the day

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know how I would taste, but I can assure you that cornbread and butter milk will fatten! I'm living proof! Love it, even with 'sweet milk' (just regular milk). Haven't thought of the phrase 'sweet milk' in quite a while. Kinda show my age, doesn't it? lol

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha! No it won't, it'll taste just like coon!
I know, they say you are what you eat. At least a coon will wash off what ever nasty stuff he puts in his mouth. I like my meat grain feed like corn fed Pheasant from Iowa.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread