Put the garden corn on the drip system

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I may be gone for a week before the corn is ready so we decided to put the corn on the drip system along with all the other veggies. Each row has it's own, individual valve so the pressure and amount of water could be set to water it all evenly. It's all on a timer that we set to come on 4 times a day while we go through this 100+ degree weather. It can all be adjusted to match changing conditions. There was a little extra water in there when this pic was taken as it took some time to adjust everything properly. So far, so good. We picked 15 lbs of pickling cucumbers a few days ago and we're getting squash, salad cucumbers, bell peppers, a few tomatoes and some hot peppers. The watermelons, cantaloupe, broccoli and onions are still growing.

Attachments

• corn1.jpg
    corn1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your garden looks so neat and orderly! We still don't have any red tomatoes yet but tons of cukes and squash.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Coily. I almost forgot we had potatoes as well. They're also growing nicely and we're hoping for a big crop. They are pretty cheap at the store but still fun to grow and dig and, if there is another potato famine, we're ready! Must be the Irish in me. :)

Attachments

• potatoes.jpg
    potatoes.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 35

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread