tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, I decided to head up to a place called Caribou Ranch Open Space and have a little hike around. It was about 25 miles from where I live, so I took the dogs and got away for about four hours today. There was an old recording studio in the area once called the Caribou Ranch that many 70's and early 80's Rock n Roll bands and entertainers recorded music at until it burned down in 1985. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caribou_Ranch There at a place called Mud Lake was an old ghostly looking city bus I took a picture of. I was thinking it was a 1960's model Bus ?? Who knows?.. there wasn't much left of it but the skeleton of it and it sure looked like it took a lot of bullets to bring that thing down :) Have you ever wonder why some folks who have a gun and come along an old abandoned and deserted vehicle in the middle of nowhere want to just shoot it full of holes?. Maybe it's just the resentment and payback man has for the machines he so depends on in this modern age of machines. :dontknow: I know I've felt like shooting the hell out of cars and computers before for the way it left me feeling on some occasions. There was a rain storm that went north of me and I didn't get rained on until I headed home and was in the vehicle. It was sure nice to get out of the heat for a bit today.

Attachments

• mud lake 1.jpg
    mud lake 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
  • mud lake 2.jpg
    mud lake 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 57
  • mud lake 3.jpg
    mud lake 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
  • mud lake 4.jpg
    mud lake 4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help but wonder what folks did with the parts they took off the bus?? :)
I know. I was wondering if those folding door panels could be repurposed in some way?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you're onto something rock! You could use them kinda like "French doors" in a large doorway. They would be quite unique.And look, you got 2 sets of them. What's on the inside??

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you're onto something rock! You could use them kinda like "French doors" in a large doorway. They would be quite unique.And look, you got 2 sets of them. What's on the inside??
The inside was pretty well stripped of everything. The rear engine gone also. I don't know why Boulder county park service doesn't remove it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread