Trail Cam Pictures

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the trail cam set up since June 05 and went and got it on July 07. I had it set up for video so pardon the picture quality as I paused the video and took pictures of the animals on the computer screen. A variety of animals walked down the quad trail and the one I was surprised to see was the wolf.

Cam 1 June 2015 Text.jpg ... Cam 2 June 2015 Text.jpg ... Cam 3 June 2015 Text.jpg ... Cam 4 June 2015 Text.jpg ... Cam 5 June 2015 Text.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lots of activity on the trail, these shots taken in the northern district?

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Lots of activity on the trail, these shots taken in the northern district?"...exactly pepperj, in the north...

"Dang,,,

I actually thought I would be seeing a SASQUATCH or something,,,

LOL "

Hitndahed.....Wouldn't that be some thing...and no one would believe it any ways even with the video....

I set up another cam lower down the trail towards the river on July 07, will be interesting to see what's moving there when I pick it up in a month or so...

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You leave a cam out for that long of a time on the trail....is there some kind of a motion detector on/off switch?

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You leave a cam out for that long of a time on the trail....is there some kind of a motion detector on/off switch?

Red_desert, I use the Moultrie 1100i trail cam and yes it uses a passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor that’s triggered by heat and movement within 50 feet. For night it has No Glow LED technology and is essentially invisible and can illuminate game up to 80 feet away in total darkness. I also use lithium batteries for longer performance. The quad trail is one I put in on my gold claim and it's nice to see what's around..

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red_desert, I use the Moultrie 1100i trail cam and yes it uses a passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor that’s triggered by heat and movement within 50 feet. For night it has No Glow LED technology and is essentially invisible and can illuminate game up to 80 feet away in total darkness. I also use lithium batteries for longer performance. The quad trail is one I put in on my gold claim and it's nice to see what's around..

Oh yes, that's what I was thinking of, infrared motion detection swithch, sounds interesting and you sure have a selection of wildlife there, up in the mountains. Now that you've mentioned having a gold claim, it would be nice to know about the local animals.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Lots of activity on the trail, these shots taken in the northern district?"...exactly pepperj, in the north...

"Dang,,,

I actually thought I would be seeing a SASQUATCH or something,,,

LOL "

Hitndahed.....Wouldn't that be some thing...and no one would believe it any ways even with the video....

I set up another cam lower down the trail towards the river on July 07, will be interesting to see what's moving there when I pick it up in a month or so...
=======================================================
Hey Cariboo5,,,

Did you ever see any of those trail cam videos showing weird,,, I mean REALLY weird "things" caught on the cams?
Man,,, some of that stuff is downright scary.

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=======================================================
Hey Cariboo5,,,

Did you ever see any of those trail cam videos showing weird,,, I mean REALLY weird "things" caught on the cams?
Man,,, some of that stuff is downright scary.

I have and I couldn't agree more....It appears that the one common factor is probably around 85% (maybe a bit better) are night time pictures...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! A wolf. Only thing I'd get with that cam like that at my house is a picture of the skunk that poops on my porch every now and then in the wee hours of the morning. I've seen more evidence of them ever since the new city ordinance allowed folks to have as much as five egg laying hens in their backyard. My neighbor said he saw that skunk just relaxing on my porch early one morning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread