worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Early morning and lighting was pretty nice..cloudy. Looking up river from the Canal

007.JPG that spot out there is what is left of the dam,a zoom in of Gulls and Cormorants hanging around out there`

008.JPG 030.JPG

Couple of bugs and flowers along the way

017.JPG 021.JPG

010.JPG 022.JPG

Big River Carp sucking off the bottom in the Canal

027.JPG

Planes coming in for landing

031.JPG 033.JPG

Other side of the Canal from the bike path

019.JPG

Munching some clover

038.JPG

Birds looking for carpenter bees

041.JPG

Till my next walk...GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great dose of nature in your wonderful shots, Chris. I always enjoy them.. How funny I watched part of the movie "Flight" with Denzel Washington last night. I recorded it so I can finish it tonight. Every now and then I believe I've seen a Cormorant in the areas I travel like New Mexico I think it is? I remember in like the 2nd grade we were learning about places in Asian and the teacher told us how the folks in Japan would fish with Cormorants. I was so fascinated by that information I remember.

Attachments

• cormorant-fishing-10[1].jpg
    cormorant-fishing-10[1].jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a great dose of nature in your wonderful shots, Chris. I always enjoy them.. How funny I watched part of the movie "Flight" with Denzel Washington last night. I recorded it so I can finish it tonight. Every now and then I believe I've seen a Cormorant in the areas I travel like New Mexico I think it is? I remember in like the 2nd grade we were learning about places in Asian and the teacher told us how the folks in Japan would fish with Cormorants. I was so fascinated by that information I remember.

Got out by 6:30 this morn,post pics later,now I'm taking Marsha(Wife) down the river up this neck of the woods.

I recall seeing how they use those birds to fish,they tie a string around their necks so they can't swallow the catch.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Super Pics as usual!!.......Those carp reminded me of when I was younger, I used to hunt those with a bow. Had a fish arrow on a piece of line, and a a reel attached to the bow. Didn't like eating them much but buried them in the garden for fertilizer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread