tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I went to deliver some rock drill rods and bits to my most favorite customer. This fella isn't, my biggest customer, but by far the most mellow ZZ top bearded country boy, I've ever known. He just chuckles at me when I give bad news about product failures or when I inform him of poor lead time deliveries. He's never upset. Every other guy would be telling me I better get it right or I'm getting kicked out on my ass, if I don't improve my service. Anyways I got to pay a visit to one of my favorite antique stores and dig though the thousands of stuff this dealer has. He has items that are thousands of years old to more resent collectibles. It's coins, jewelry, antiquities, old photos, glass, sterling, old books, signed documents and ephemera. Sometimes I can score a deal in the place, as he has so much he does at times overlooks the value. Estes Park was jam packed with tourist and I knew a place on a hill I could park and take a little hick in to town. There must have be a hundred cars in the public parking lots cruising around for a place to park. Not me, I'll walk a mile before I try and deal with that stress. So I went in the antique place and opened draws and draws, looking for cool stuff at a bargin. I found for $29.00 a pair of silver cufflinks with the mark of Navajo silversmith Willie Yazzie and these monogrammed Victorian age cuffs for $15.00. They looked gold to me and in my loop I look at the strange mark and then it hit me it was an Art Nouveau looking "K" with the number 10 in the center. I stopped by the coin shop in Longmont on the way home and he weighed and tested them as 4.5 grams of 10K gold and said he'll give me $49. bucks for the pair. I declined the offer. When I was on the antique shop I inquired about this interesting Roman looking gold and carnelian intaglio ring he had. He said it was indeed a 2000 year old Roman ring and the provenance on it, was it had at one time been owned, by Henry Francis Clay who was a British author and Translator. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Francis_Cary Well that was nice to know, but for $8K I'm going to pass, still it was cool to see. I think I scored in the place as I believe the Yazzie cuff are worth 50-60 bucks and the vic cuffs are 60 bucks in 10K scrap gold.

Attachments

• estes 1.jpg
    estes 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
  • estes 2.jpg
    estes 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • estes 3.jpg
    estes 3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
  • estes 4.jpg
    estes 4.jpg