tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I went to Idaho Spring Colorado to drop off a donation for the mining competitions this weekend called Tommy Knocker Days. I knew it would be packed on I70, but was I in for a long haul. From Golden to Idaho Springs it's 25 miles and it took me 2 hours from Golden to get to Idaho Springs doing 10 to 20 mph. Most the time I'm coming in to the Denver area going out of the mountains on a late Friday afternoon and I do see the piled up west bounders heading up to the hill, but this is the first time I recall ever being in this west lane mess. I thought be a good time to head up after 5pm. and Man! was I wrong. Coming back at around 8:30pm the line of vehicles was still in a creep a long lineup. Check out that thick cloud of exhaust over Denver in the distance in the second picture. No wonder folks are so driven to get the heck out of the front range and in to the clean air. I can't wait til winter comes anymore, so I can travel with out all this. The ski traffic is the only thing to deal with then, but it ain't nothing compared to this mass exodus. I wonder what it'll be like in the next 10 years. :dontknow: Theres no way mankind will ever prevent the increase of greenhouse gasses with the ever growing population. Just are farts alone will be a problem of the future. I got maybe 20-30 more years of life at best if they haven't implemented mandatory extermination to all eighty year old's by then. I'm kind of glad I won't be living in to the next 60 years.

Attachments

• traffic jam 1.jpg
    traffic jam 1.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 63
  • traffic jam 2.jpg
    traffic jam 2.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you on the donation! :notworthy: As for the traffic, maybe you need one of those conversion car/planes.

Plane-Car.jpg

Yeah Grant, you should really think about investing in one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you on the donation! :notworthy: As for the traffic, maybe you need one of those conversion car/planes.

View attachment 1188830

Yeah Grant, you should really think about investing in one.
I know and growing up watching the Jetson's I was sure that's what I'd be looking to buy when I got to the age of having a drivers licence. Why'd we ever give up on all those ideas of the future from the 1960's ???

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know and growing up watching the Jetson's I was sure that's what I'd be looking to buy when I got to the age of having a drivers licence. Why'd we ever give up on all those ideas of the future from the 1960's ???

What tamrock said!!!!

Engine

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, all comin to see me, haha! Don't travel I70 west out of Denver on Friday afternoon or east to Denver on Sunday afternoon, and that's gettin to be a year round admonition anymore. Maybe when it finally gets to the point you can get to the mountains on a bicycle faster than in a car they'll finally come up with some sort of workable mass transit system. (But thanks to all you front rangers for helpin finance my third new truck in 10 years.)

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I feel for you Grant, I hate traffic....You probably saw the news about the freeway fire in CA yesterday. It happened on a Friday afternoon. I have experienced that section of road several times during the Friday evening rush ( or stop and go ) when everyone is leaving LA for a weekend in Las Vegas.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you Grant, I hate traffic....You probably saw the news about the freeway fire in CA yesterday. It happened on a Friday afternoon. I have experienced that section of road several times during the Friday evening rush ( or stop and go ) when everyone is leaving LA for a weekend in Las Vegas.
I did see that. I myself am not a big fan of Las Vegas and even declined to be sent there for the big mining trade show three years back. I may except to go to it in 2016 I believe it will be held again? I've not been on that strech of road from LV to LA in a very long time now. If I never have the chance again, that be perfect by me. Today I noticed the geese are up more in their flying formations and honking in the mornings. That I took as a possible good sign the tourist season has reached a high point. The motels will be dropping their rates in Colorado by mid August and it'll be more affordable to travel again.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread