Trip out West (Glacier National Park)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Lake McDonald MT small.jpg
    Lake McDonald MT small.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Overflowing Stream small.jpg
    Overflowing Stream small.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
SC_hunter

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Ron...It is one beautiful NP.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been to Glacier twice, beautiful place....

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Glacier with the family in 1968. At the foot of the glacier I saw a sign that said Beware of Quicksand. Thinking the only quicksand I've ever been aware of was seen on the Tarzan show I thought I best inspect it. When I stepped on it didn't seem all that bad and then I sunk in to this grey soupy mud past my ankles. My Dad was pretty upset at me for not believing what the sign said, as I was a muddy mess with no place to wash off. I felt pretty stupid after all that and I still remember the smirk on my sisters face after I got yelled at in the car. I did learn though, you can get out of quicksand on your own. It wasn't like in Tarzan series played by Ron Ely show where if you move in quicksand, you go deeper and deeper until you sink in over your head.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I camped on the Flathead River with Glacier Park on the opposite side. Never went into the park though. This was the Pacific Primitive Rendezvous probably in the '80's, can't remember
what the date was now. The river is below that white looking bluff, it was down in quite a cut.

1AA.jpg

OP
OP
SC_hunter

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I didn't find any quicksand, tamrock..:)

OP
OP
SC_hunter

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful shot, BosnMate.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I didn't find any quicksand, tamrock..:)
I understand the glacier today is nothing like it was 47 years ago. I remember it was massive and they had snowcat rides going up and down it. I'll need to go and see if I can find the slides my Dad took of us on that trip. I've got boxes and boxes of slides he took over many years. He always had a camera with him, just about everywhere he went.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand the glacier today is nothing like it was 47 years ago. I remember it was massive and they had snowcat rides going up and down it. I'll need to go and see if I can find the slides my Dad took of us on that trip. I've got boxes and boxes of slides he took over many years. He always had a camera with him, just about everywhere he went.

My Dad did the same thing, so he's never in the picture, he was always taking them. I took a bunch of his slides to Walmart to be digitized and they lost some of them (one box.) Oh well, it wasn't their problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread