Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a pic from the late 1950's. My wife and I were in MI. visiting and her older sister got out some old pics. It was one of all 3 girls. I took a pic of the pic with my camera. After I came home I uploaded the pic to the computer and saw the obvious image on the lower left corner. It was very eerie at first. I showed my wife and she just stared at it for awhile. Then she told me her mom and dad lost a child shortly after birth. But it just seemed weird to see this baby image so clearly in the pic.

Attachments

• 0106111511.jpg
    0106111511.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 134

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Limitool!! Really Spooky!! But Very Interesting!! Anyone able to recall the image in the picture?? GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very strange ..upon further investigation......

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Just a guess, Looks like a double exposure. Someone may have taken an accidental selfie and the next shot was of the children.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange!! I looked at the thread twice...Couldn't see a thing. I thought you guys were crazy. ( sry Brad):laughing7: I clicked on pic...looked and looked...didn't see a thing both times. Didn't want to leave a comment saying "What the hell are you guys looking at?" So, I left........The third time I clicked on the thread to see what ronwoodcraft post was and it jumped out in detail first glance. I see it now!!!!!! I don't feel left out anymore!:laughing7:

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strange!! I looked at the thread twice...Couldn't see a thing. I thought you guys were crazy. ( sry Brad):laughing7: I clicked on pic...looked and looked...didn't see a thing both times. Didn't want to leave a comment saying "What the hell are you guys looking at?" So, I left........The third time I clicked on the thread to see what ronwoodcraft post was and it jumped out in detail first glance. I see it now!!!!!! I don't feel left out anymore!:laughing7:

Don't make me put a circle around it with a bright yellow arrow.... gee!!! :tongue3: Third time's a charm.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a guess, Looks like a double exposure. Someone may have taken an accidental selfie and the next shot was of the children.

I'm not a camera guy at all.... The old pic didn't have the image showing at all. But when I took a pic with the digital it didn't show up while viewing within camera. I uploaded it to computer and there it was. We sent image I took back to her sisters and they double checked the image is not present at all on the old pic. I don't know what happened.

VERDE: No... nobody recognizes the image. To me it looks like a young child (well fed) but its features are a little distorted I think.... :dontknow:

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see it at first when I looked at this thread earlier today. Now I see it clearly. I can even see the hand holding the cell phone as if taking a selfie. I think it is a reflection off of the photo as the picture of the picture was being shot. The face is distorted and blending in with some of the background in the photo, as in the crease of the cheek area.

I believe that is you limitool or someone who may have been sitting next to you while taking the photo, just a distorted version.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh Great!!! Now you guys see a cell phone? Let me catch up here....I just now see the image.....:laughing7:

Yep, I see the two fingers in the right corner holding camera or phone....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't see it at first when I looked at this thread earlier today. Now I see it clearly. I can even see the hand holding the cell phone as if taking a selfie. I think it is a reflection off of the photo as the picture of the picture was being shot. The face is distorted and blending in with some of the background in the photo, as in the crease of the cheek area.

I believe that is you limitool or someone who may have been sitting next to you while taking the photo, just a distorted version.

Damn guy.... I didn't see that either (go figure). And the next time you say "I believe that is you limitool" I'm coming to Co. The person sitting next to me was my wife... but for your protection I'm refrain from telling her.

But after reviewing I bet your right buddy. What else could it be....? :dontknow:

EDIT: How is that possible when the view finder is in front of the camera...? Obviously your right about the camera and fingers (might be me - DISTORTED)

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn guy.... I didn't see that either (go figure). And the next time you say "I believe that is you limitool" I'm coming to Co. The person sitting next to me was my wife... but for your protection I'm refrain from telling her.

But after reviewing I bet your right buddy. What else could it be....? :dontknow:

EDIT: How is that possible when the view finder is in front of the camera...? Obviously your right about the camera and fingers (might be me - DISTORTED)

I wonder if.....There was a small reflection on pic and when you transferred to your computer or program enhanced and filled in what little it picked up, and created an image.

Or thats not a camera the image is holding! It's a treasure map! If we keep looking we might see more............

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if.....There was a small reflection on pic and when you transferred to your computer or program enhanced and filled in what little it picked up, and created an image.

Or thats not a camera the image is holding! It's a treasure map! If we keep looking we might see more............

RIGHT... maybe there's a connection between this pic and my cave out back... Hmmmmmm! Let me know when you figure it out buddy.... best wishes to ya!!!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh? I saw it right a way. Kinda strange it is.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's pretty funny that I stared at that picture for several minutes originally and thought you were crazy because all I saw was a burred image, then a few hours later there was a scary looking baby face taking a selfie staring me in the face. :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you take another picture of the picture? Tripod macro mode maybe?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or scan it! Then you can touch it up, edit it. I know with the right software a scanner can make older pictures look great!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or scan it! Then you can touch it up, edit it. I know with the right software a scanner can make older pictures look great!:icon_thumright:

It will be hard to do now. The old pic is in MI. and I'm in TN. Maybe next trip north.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried enlarging, then cropping down to only the first of the 3 children. The image in the lower left turned out to be much brighter and darkened it some when cropping down more again.

Attachments

• 3childrencrop.jpg
    3childrencrop.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 3childrencrop2b.jpg
    3childrencrop2b.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread