kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I just ate and now I'm hungry again ! Lobster Involtini,Stuffed with sea grubs (shrinp) sounds good to me !!!! ;D

T

TreasureTales

Lobsters have a spinal column? That's weird. Aren't they able to re-grow a limb if one gets yanked off by another lobster? I think they can regenerate limbs so I don't think they have that much of a problem with pain. Don't know for sure because I've never been a lobster - although I've been accused of being a crab from time to time. ;D (I've always replied that it's better to BE a crab than to HAVE them. hehehe)

I see you got a bottle of Asti champagne. Is that from Sonoma County, California? If so, I live about 40 miles from that winery. It used to be owned by Pat Paulsen. Remember him, always running for president and he was the sour-faced little guy on Laugh-In. Oh, probably way before your time. Nevermind. ;D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
TreasureTales said:
Lobsters have a spinal column? That's weird. Aren't they able to re-grow a limb if one gets yanked off by another lobster? I think they can regenerate limbs so I don't think they have that much of a problem with pain. Don't know for sure because I've never been a lobster - although I've been accused of being a crab from time to time. ;D (I've always replied that it's better to BE a crab than to HAVE them. hehehe)

I see you got a bottle of Asti champagne. Is that from Sonoma County, California? If so, I live about 40 miles from that winery. It used to be owned by Pat Paulsen. Remember him, always running for president and he was the sour-faced little guy on Laugh-In. Oh, probably way before your time. Nevermind. ;D

I can't seem to find what you would call a spinal column? Skeleton seems to be on the outside, and they do regrow there claws if one gets torn off.

The champagne is from Cassano Belbo Italy, DISUSA imports New York NY. Sorry it was a little before my time ;). Gerry won another one Fri. only half the size and no champagne ;D, he did get 4 nice delmonicos and jumbo shrimp though. ;D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
COUNTRY GIRL said:
I can't seem to find what you would call a spinal column? Skeleton seems to be on the outside, and they do regrow there claws if one gets torn off.

Now if you'd kept it alive, you'd have had a lifetime supply of claw meat. ;)

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
stoney56 said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:

Well, at least it'd do in a pinch!

Eat more crawdads!

T

TreasureTales

PBK said:
stoney56 said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:

Well, at least it'd do in a pinch!

Eat more crawdads!

Eat crawdads and let the crawmoms live - to raise more crawkids.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
What kind of a deal is this in the 'country',that you win all this 'do-it-yourself' cuisine? And champayne? Different kind of country livin' than here in the ozarks! That lobster tail would make great trotline bait for a nice fat catfish!

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
wesfrye53 said:
I was reviewing all the rules, regs, etc for this site and it says when a member shows pics of food, he/she is obligated to provide a "like" dish to all who reply to this topic ;D

;D ;D Consider this my reply for compliance ;D ;D (Extra butter please)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Your local Elks club doesn't have Lobster raffels on fri. nights? Well.......the raffels support the local Veterans, what a nice time to have this post now that I think about it, sweet. We usually go on fri., don't win every week........but we do have lobster quite a bit ;D/

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
What a great tradition and a worthy cause! Thanks for supporting it and so glad you enjoy the lobster and tormenting everyone with posts about it as well! lol

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasuretales...yes the lobsters will re-grow a claw, leg or whatrever if it is removed. They are also cannabilistic, so dont; feel too bad about eating them yourself, for they have no problem eating each other.
Countrygirl...as for cooking them....use whatever meat you have left over and slow fry it in a pan with garlic and butter and if you like it, a little vinegar. Or better yet, try it in a cheese omelette. As for the lobster itself that looks like a hard shell and the meat will be tough regardless of how you cook it...the best tasting lobster are the jelly bellies...right after they shed their shells....they look gross and floppy but it is the tenderest and sweetest meat and easy to open the shells for it is like soggy paper and you just peel it off. The only way to get jelly bellies is right off the boat for they don;t ship well without dying. We never sell the jellybellies for that reason (the dealers usually won;t buy them anyway) and just take em home with us and cook em up ourselves. After saying all that, crabmeat is ALOT better...much sweeter.
You won;t see many of the large lobsters for sale in Maine, for unlike Mass. we have an oversize law and any one that are over 5 inches long on the main body we have to throw back for conservation and breeding purposes. Maine also notches the tails of the egg bearing females so if caught after they drop the eggs, we know they are egg bearing females and we also have to toss them back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread