Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty part of the country over west of Leadville. Rainy day, but cleared off in the night with a big ol moon, upper 30's before daylight. Got woke up in the middle of the night by the sound of a tin can bein knocked over. My first thought was 'bear!', but when I stuck my head out of the sleepin bag the world was lit up like everything. Couple of greenhorns had moved in, built the biggest fire you can imagine, and had on those really bright LED headlamps. Other than that they're bein quiet, but they're only about a 100 ft. from where I'm sleepin, which is uncomfortable to me. I'm thinkin 'How rude', but then I realize my truck is a little ways away, hidden by trees and they can't see it, I'm under a camoflauge rain fly, fire has died down and there's absolutely nothin reflective lyin around my immediate camp, THEY DON'T KNOW I'M HERE! So I took out the remote for the truck and lit em up. Flashed the lights and honked the horn a couple of times for good measure. Their old headlamps froze for quite a few seconds. Pretty quick their fire went down and they retired to a tent. Kinda mean, but pretty funny I thought.

Attachments

• 8-3a.jpg
    8-3a.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 8-3b.jpg
    8-3b.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 8-3d.jpg
    8-3d.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 8-3e.jpg
    8-3e.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 8-3f.jpg
    8-3f.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 50

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great scenery :icon_thumleft:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pictures & place...and :laughing7: on what you did.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Man that is a Beautiful place!!.....Your story reminded me of what happened to me once. I found a place to park my truck for the night behind a highway maintenance building in Wyoming. Early morning before daylight, I was sitting drinking coffee and waiting for the clock to say it was legal for me to drive again, when a motor home pulled in. Four people got out to relieve themselves right in front of me. One of them walked over and urinated on the door of the building. About that time I fired up the truck and turned on my headlights. They were right in front of me about 30 feet away, standing in my headlights. I then drove around their motor home and left.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see more and more of those out in the woods these days, PB. Last month my brother-in-law died. His nickname was 'Toilet John'. But not to his face, as he was a pretty big ol boy. (at least until the doctors took his legs off due to diabetes) I'm sorry I never really cared for him but accepted him as he was now family. I think of him every time I see these little set ups. Which I spect is my penance for not bein more respectful when he passed. I would like to add if anyone here has native american blood like I do, get checked for diabetes. I don't know if it's the modern diet or what, but diabetes seems to effect those folks more. And if you have it, do what the doctor tells you, as they know what they're talkin about on this one. You may be big and bad, but you ain't bigger than diabetes. One day you will wake up dead.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm afraid I'd have to take a little peek inside that box before I'd sit down on it. :)
=====================================================================
Ummmmm,,,,,YES !!!!!!

A very good friend of mine HAD an outhouse at his camp and woke one morning to "deposit" a number 2.
He sat down and his "member" was immediately "grabbed" at the end by a ,,,,,,, GARTER SNAKE !!!!

Scared him nearly to death, not knowing what had happened,,,
Well he KNEW what happened,, just wasn't sure which species did it.

Well he got back from the emergency room and promptly tore the outhouse down.

I HAD to laugh tough

Hehhehheh
Hit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread