Peaches Galore!!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one area of this peach tree that I just couldn't get to easily to thin the peaches out. I usually thin a ton of peaches of this tree which makes the ones left grow bigger and helps keep the branches from breaking under the weight. These peaches get really big and really juicy which makes them very heavy. About time to harvest them for gallons of peach jam! :)

Attachments

• peaches.jpg
    peaches.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 82

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohh man, those look good. Love fresh peaches.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Drooool. I have a bag of peaches from Georgia ripening in a bag on my counter. Half get eaten for breakfast,half get sacrificed for cobbler,yum!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking good! Still waiting for the crop to ripen up in SW Ontario. The ones you're growing are they free stone variety?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding. We get Fredricksburg, Texas peaches here. Usually big and sold in groceries and by vendors on the roadside. Didn't see many this year. Your tree is outstanding...

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Drooool. I have a bag of peaches from Georgia ripening in a bag on my counter. Half get eaten for breakfast,half get sacrificed for cobbler,yum!

If you decide to bake and sell those cobblers, I'll buy a couple...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay. I'm gonna need about a bushel for this most amazing of contraptions:

FRUIT PICKER

Enjoy - Mike

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are freestone peaches. I love them tree-ripened right off the tree. We have taken some peaches to the homeless at the park, given some to family and neighbors, eaten some ourselves and, so far, have made about 18 pints and 9 of the 1/2 pint jars of jam. There are peaches already cut up in the fridge for more batches of jam and there are still a bunch of peaches still on the tree. Already gave one of the pint jars away.

Attachments

• peach jam.jpg
    peach jam.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread