pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They have cut this field 3 times already and there's an early 1800 site on the field but trying to get on it between harvest and the laying down of this black stuff seems like a challenge. Cut, pick up, spray such a short window all in two or three days:BangHead:.
IMG_20150807_102853598.jpg

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uhm...is that liquid manure? Some farmers here inject it into the ground. I was told by a fellow who had done it that it creates pockets of the liquid under the top layer and it feels like a water bed when you walk on it for a little bit after it is first injected.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just wait for rain

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Uhm...is that liquid manure? Some farmers here inject it into the ground. I was told by a fellow who had done it that it creates pockets of the liquid under the top layer and it feels like a water bed when you walk on it for a little bit after it is first injected.

Liquid from the digester, used cooking oils and manure are in this system for 70+ days and it generates 12,000K of power. The holding pond can store 3 million gallons of this liquid at a time as they don't spread it in the winter/frozen ground period. Does have a odour to it but it isn't as bad as raw liquid crap, and it goes away after a few days. Dug once on the field for a few hours, and I didn't see one worm in the soils. The alpha seems grow crazy having this sprayed onto it 3 times a year, I just will wait until the spring again as this stuff is beyond my tolerance level, I prefer plain crap after it dries up looks more natural.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread