why I dont get out much...

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
why I don't get out much...

I guess I can post a photo or two. Here's the reason why I'm not able to get out and MD as much as I'd like to. On the plus side, it's more lucrative than detecting.
The arcade machines (video games) are of our own design. We refurb pinball games, dart machines, skill stop (Japanese slot machines) and old video games when things are slow with the machines we build.

Attachments

• 11-14-06_1844.jpg
    11-14-06_1844.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_0654.JPG
    IMG_0654.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 465

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: why I don't get out much...

Obviously never a dull moment around there! I bet every kid within miles wants to be a "tester" ;)

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy

Those are cool!! I always wanted to find one of the OLD baseball games...the one with the steel ball that you swing the bat at. I remember playing them as a kid..it cost a dime to play.....the number of silver dimes I put into those things was astonishing!!

Dave

OP
OP
Arakronn

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005

I always wanted to find one of the OLD baseball games...the one with the steel ball that you swing the bat at

Williams' Penant Fever! We had one of those for a while....another refurb. Fun game for 2 people. Williams made another one just like it, but it was football based (Grid Iron or something like that). Both are rather hard to find now.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Work, work, work. :o Do you find old money in any of em?

;) RR

OP
OP
Arakronn

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005

On occasion we buy old machines that have no keys...find some money, but rarely ever find any silver. We have a couple jars (one for tokens, one for quarters) we use for a slush-fund.

There are a few machines that we keep around, so we do have some fun. Just have to be careful they don't keep us from "working". ;)

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Wow! That would be a great job! You build your own games? Wow, again! My husband and I have about 7 or 8 arcade games we won at auction. They have the auctions in Columbus, OH and Indy, IN. My children enjoy going out to our garage to play them. Where do you get them from to refurbish?

Thanks for showing us these pictures.

Cheryl

OP
OP
Arakronn

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005

They have the auctions in Columbus, OH and Indy, IN.
I'm gonna guess that they're held by SuperAuctions? They come up to Milwaukee sometimes....that's where we get some of our machines from that we refurb. We also deal with a local coin-op vender that gives us first dibs on pinballs when they come off route.
The first pic is a row of machines that we build, mostly from scratch. We now have a company that cuts and assembles the cabinets for us, be we still install all the components, build and wire all the controls. You can see the specs and other photos on the eagled.com site.

What a cool job...
It's actually just a hobby. The four of us that do this all have full-time jobs, too.

OP
OP
Arakronn

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005

I love pinball...a long time ago there was a machine called 8 ball...man I would shove quarters into that thing constantly...
Nick, you're not going to believe this....
We just got a bunch of machines in that came off route. We now have an 8-Ball pinball machine that's in remarkable condition! What are the odds?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Wah wah wah ..... always an excuse....dead batteries....faulty earphones....too much work.....not enough gadgets....wah wah wah :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OP
OP
Arakronn

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005

Wah wah wah ..... always an excuse....dead batteries....faulty earphones....too much work.....not enough gadgets....wah wah wah

I don't need to take this kind of abuse from you cuz I can get it from everybody else, instead!!! :P ;D ;D

Next time I'm gonna check out a site before I bring you along. ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Gypsy explaining to arakronn the finer points of map reading..,....Hahahahahahahahaha

Attachments

• rakronn and gypsy.JPG
    rakronn and gypsy.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 294

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread