40 KB · Views: 261

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Very cool! :D My mom has a very similar photo in her album! Persistant lil things those blackbirds!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i have noticed a lot of hawks around delaware lately where i dont remember seeing them before. just this spring i have seen 4. one caught a rabbit, one a squirrel, one a bird and another was just soaring high in the sky. they are amazing hunters! i dont know why there are so many around here all of the sudden but i think they are cool to watch!

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
One of the neatest things I ever saw in my life involved a couple birds... I'll always remember it vividly. The story sounds gross, but really we were far enough away we couldn't see any of the gory details.

My fishin buddy Todd and I were traipsing the coastal streams looking for steelhead one year, I think it was about 1986 or so.... we came up on two eagles in the middle of the road that appeared to be fighting each other. These birds must've had 6 foot wingspans, they looked huge! And they were beating the heck out of each other, faced off with their talons pointing towards each other. It wasn't long before it was evident they each had ahold of a rabbit and neither one was about to give way.

They didn't even notice we were there, they were so intent on that rabbit. We got within fifty feet or so... that rabbit finally came apart, and each bird took off with half- screaming victory!

Wished I'da had my camera THAT day, for sure! :)

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I see the same scenario played out almost every week at work. Always cool to watch, and sometimes it's smaller birds attacking. The pole looks to be insulator heaven, I'd love to have the top portion of the pole with the cross bars and insulators on one of my basement walls. Know anything about insulators, some are valuable!$!

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great that you had your camera. I usually see something cool but don't have my camera. Great pictures, thanks for showing us.

Cheryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread