oredownunder

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2015
Mahe, Seychelles
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi members, im newbie to this site. Just getting started you might say. Although Ive been reading up and wandering along checking, measuring, studying sites or potential sites on the island where I live in the Indian Ocean for some years. found many interesting things, especially rock carvings, old treasure sites now vacated etc. In 2010 I found a piece of what I believe may be remains of a ship which it apperas crashed through the reefs adjacent to my beach farm. I would welcome any comments positive or negative. look forward to finding interest from others who might like to hop on board in any search

Attachments

• 19102012143.jpg
    19102012143.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 19102012144.jpg
    19102012144.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
O

oredownunder

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2015
Mahe, Seychelles
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is about 28 inches long, with 7 nails in it. timber seems to be a huen pine black to dark brown

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You may have "Nailed this Down" with the type of nails shown!

Nails are very good indicators of antiquity.

The tops of each nail shown appear all to be of the same type.

If you could show a picture close up of one of these in its entirety showing length, tops, sides and possible material?

antique_nails.jpg

OP
OP
O

oredownunder

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2015
Mahe, Seychelles
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi thanks thought I was right on the mark because soon after I found it. Loads of people, some very high ups descended on my place with all kinds of weird high offers to buy place. I mean super weird high prices. then I found a few of them using scanners without my permission. sheud them off. Few fingers in the air to boot. anyway the nails were copper/bronze looked really rough hand made. only about 5 inches long. squared off at the head with a sort of washer holding the head in place. The commonrose head loos a lot like the nails. appreciate your comments. Am a bit bamboozled as I get readings very strong in many places in my yard. I am not used to minelab so I am having some problem deciding just where or how to start. always willing to listen and share success.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet. I like your story. Nothing to add other than... you should post this in the shipwrecks forum to get more exposure/ replies. Here- Shipwrecks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread