OP
OP
Sidevalve45

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
I remember playing in this car when I was about ten. Another uncle told me the only thing that was wrong with it at that time was a leaking radiator. It's been sitting in the dirt so long now you'd probably pull it in half due to a rusted out frame. It's a shame because it's not banged up real bad.

Attachments

• IMG_0121_2_1.JPG
    IMG_0121_2_1.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 348

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
That '47 club coupe is really sought after.Get it out of there.You don't have to restore it,it will sell just as it is.Search ebay.

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Dang good photos. And dang nice 47' coupe!
You need to find someone to sell that puppy to. You'd be surprised what you might get for that year/model.

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Sidevalve45 said:
This car belonged to my uncle. I think it's a 1947 but I'm not sure.

It really does need to be put in a barn or garage. I can't stop looking at your pictures. It really is in much better shape than one would expect.
I hope you are able to restore this !! Showed it to my son > he went wild over it. :o take care of this as it is a restorers Jewel !! ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Awesome old car! My dad used to restore old cars and I used to help him from the time I was old enough to stand there holding a wrench and THINK I was helping! lol My dad picked me up from my high school graduation in the coupe and the wiring in the dash caught fire as we were leaving the parking lot! LOL what memories! Thanks for reminding me and yes, PLEASE find someone that would restore it if you don't want to....it will create a lot of great memories for another family!

OP
OP
Sidevalve45

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the compliments. I am going to ask if he'll give it up. He can be an ornery cuss but I've alway gotten along with him pretty well. He had a Harley back in the day so we have things in common. Check out Forlorn Ford Two. It's some Model A stuff next to the coupe. Also belongs to "Uncle Ray".

Attachments

• IMG_0120_1.JPG
    IMG_0120_1.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 286
OP
OP
Sidevalve45

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Well I talked to my Uncle and to my surprise he said he'd part with it. I wanted to get a little closer look and especially at the frame so I'm working on jacking it up. Found out the door latches are rusted up and you can't even open the doors. At least not yet. Also tried to pull the dip stick and found it was rusted in but after a little wiggling it came out and the engine had oil in it and no water that I could see. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point. Looks like an endless project.

Attachments

• IMG_0210_1.JPG
    IMG_0210_1.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0211_1.JPG
    IMG_0211_1.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 239

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
they all seem like endless projects at first! just enjoy the work itself and in the end not only will you have a killer car but also a family heirloom.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
If you need some help or advice, the boys can help, me too. Take the spark plugs out and put some marvel mystery oil in there, hand turn the engine a tiny bit at a time and there is a good shot it will free up and be just fine. Also that steel is pretty solid, most dents can be just hammered out, not much need for bondo. Take a peek, pretty much done now.....

Attachments

• LIE.JPG
    LIE.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 218
  • LIE.JPG
    LIE.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 33 ford.jpg
    33 ford.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 214

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
beautiful job there sis....now that is some inspiration! It is going to turn out great! Hang in there Sidevalve! We want step by step project photos too! You know how we love the photos! :D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that ford brings big$$$ in California.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just for parts alone........it's worth a pretty penny.....people go to great lengths for these cars...........

go to www.killbillet.com............this is what i mean by just parts........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread