Hey! California... I can no longer see the mountains from home.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• smokey sunset.jpg
    smokey sunset.jpg
    869.3 KB · Views: 130
  • smokey sunset 2.jpg
    smokey sunset 2.jpg
    855.7 KB · Views: 122
  • smokey sunset 3.jpg
    smokey sunset 3.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 121

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't see the mountains from here either and this is where they are! Depending on the direction of the breezes we smell smoke most of the time around here.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It certainly hasn't helped my breathing! I can stand in the street in front of the house, look down to the end of the block, and actually see smoke in the air. We're caught between the California and the Washington fires.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah this sucks. Last Thursday morning is when it was heaviest. Got off work in the a.m. and it burned my eyes and I could smell it, even inside the house. I will not complain though cause I could be livin in Oklahoma, surrounded by pig farms, which provide jobs and improve the local economy, and smell like money, so I've been told. Hope they get those fires out there under control, and we should all seriously pray for the firefighters.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, We had the same situation a month back with Canada. It's always California or Canada....sheeesh!!! :laughing7:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry here in central cal. but its far from over. :dontknow:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah this sucks. Last Thursday morning is when it was heaviest. Got off work in the a.m. and it burned my eyes and I could smell it, even inside the house. I will not complain though cause I could be livin in Oklahoma, surrounded by pig farms, which provide jobs and improve the local economy, and smell like money, so I've been told. Hope they get those fires out there under control, and we should all seriously pray for the firefighters.
Indeed those firefighter truly take on a very dangerous task and I'm with ya on the prayers for these brave men and women and deeply sad over the most recent loss of Tom Zbyszewski, Andrew Zajac, and Richard Wheeler in Washington. Their heroes in my mind.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was up fishing in Bishop, Ca ( Eastern Sierras) about 2 weeks ago. Beautiful mornings, but in the late afternoon the wind would shift and blow the smoke from the
western side of the Sierras to the eastern side. It was so bad that it almost seemed like the fire was local. Couldn't hardly make out the mountains from town.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are getting a lot of the smoke from Washington state.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are getting a lot of the smoke from Washington state.
watching the weather here this morning, they said the jetsteam has shifted north and that'll take the smoke from California over Montana and the Dakota's for a couple days now. They forecasted poor air quality for the state of Montana for the next few days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions