Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teepee's

Took this shot yesterday morning. I had to crop the photo because the original shot with my new camera was to large to load on this site it said. These teepee's sit outside the Ute museum in Montrose Colorado. If you ever get buy this way I think it's worth the stop to visit the museum and it doesn't cost a lot. I think it was like 6 or 7 bucks when I stopped for a visit last winter. They have some very beautiful bead-work items to see in the museum.

Attachments

• teepee's.jpg
    teepee's.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I always load my pics into documents, then I open them with paint, click on image, then resize/skew. I scale them down to 20 x 20 and save that version, and that loads up pretty easily. You could probably do a little bigger, but I wouldn't go smaller.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they have the doors facing east? Looks like it from the pic, since you snapped the shot in the morning.

Last edited:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't crop your photos, re-size them. IrfanView is a free program that is very easy to resize and has lots of other advanced features. After you install Irfanview open you photo, click image, click resize/Resample, then either manually change the width/height, or choose the section below and put in a percentage of the originator size, save to a new name and upload.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they have the doors facing east? Looks like it from the pic, since you snapped the shot in the morning.
Yes they do face east. Same as this Hogan does, that I stopped at in Kayenta Arizona yesterday around high noon, to make some work calls out of. It's a great place to escape the heat and catch up on some calls. Unlike the weather up in the San Juan's, Arizona is still pretty warm and sunny.

Attachments

• kayenta 1.jpg
    kayenta 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
  • kayenta 2.jpg
    kayenta 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Facing east often is a big deal with Native Americans not only the doorways, even in some traditions they will load tobacco into that pipe first, holding it stem pointing east represents the rising sun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions