Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sign of what's ahead

I drove from Ouray - where this old stamp mill is - I headed to Dove Creek Colorado this afternoon and on top of Red Mountain pass I see the first of the yellow aspen leaves. I check the temp on the phone at Silverton and see it's down to cool 50 degrees. My wife has been telling it's been in the high 90s at home on the front range and wishes things would start cooling down as she's sick of the heat. I don't ever tell her much sometimes about the days I'm having, but here in Dove Creek it's a perfect 63 degree evening outside.

Attachments

• red mount 1.jpg
    red mount 1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
  • red mount 11.jpg
    red mount 11.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 98
  • red mount 3.jpg
    red mount 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i like it :thumbsup: oh dont tell the wife nottin cause they always win :notworthy:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If your wife ever sees all your TNet posts, she'll be along for the ride every time. By the way, next time she complains about the heat, send her to me. I'll buy her a burger some afternoon and we can sit outside. Weatherman is announcing today it's cooling down. No more 100's. High the next two days will be 95, low about 78 with, of course, the humidity. Ah, Fall is in the air...

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That structure is really cool when you zoom in on it.

Again, great pics.

Engine

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That structure is really cool when you zoom in on it.

Again, great pics.

Engine
I'm surprised those big iron cam shafts are still up there and escaped the scrap drives of the two world wars. The drop hammers don't look to be in them anymore. Some of that old timber could be worth some bucks I was thinking.?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm surprised those big iron cam shafts are still up there and escaped the scrap drives of the two world wars. The drop hammers don't look to be in them anymore. Some of that old timber could be worth some bucks I was thinking.?

Exactly what I was thinking!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your wife ever sees all your TNet posts, she'll be along for the ride every time. By the way, next time she complains about the heat, send her to me. I'll buy her a burger some afternoon and we can sit outside. Weatherman is announcing today it's cooling down. No more 100's. High the next two days will be 95, low about 78 with, of course, the humidity. Ah, Fall is in the air...
We don't do well couped up in a vehicle for long stretches of time. You do learn over time how to make a marriage work. She can't sit for a long time and I don't like all the trick questions she has for me. I slip up on some of my answers when there's to many questions like the ones she throws at me.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are getting plenty of cooler days every week now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread