Another Trip To Ft Bragg, CA

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and buddy were at Ft Bragg to bring my son's boat back home. It had been moored there for over a month and we figured we would bring it home for a while. We ended up fishing and we stayed out longer that we planned and it would have gotten dark on the trip home. The trailer lights weren't working very well so we decided to leave the boat there for another month. We caught tons of bottom fish which are now filleted, deboned and vacuum sealed. Of course I had fish for dinner last night and will have some for lunch today! :)

Attachments

• fbragg1.jpg
    fbragg1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 74
  • fbragg2.jpg
    fbragg2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 75
  • fbragg3.jpg
    fbragg3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 71

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and buddy were at Ft Bragg to bring my son's boat back home. It had been moored there for over a month and we figured we would bring it home for a while. We ended up fishing and we stayed out longer that we planned and it would have gotten dark on the trip home. The trailer lights weren't working very well so we decided to leave the boat there for another month. We caught tons of bottom fish which are now filleted, deboned and vacuum sealed. Of course I had fish for dinner last night and will have some for lunch today! :)

Different kind of treasure, but I like it!

JB

S

stefen

Took the cutoff road from Hwy 101 to Ft Bragg thru the Redwoods and wine country a while back.

Fantastic drive but long, and many times slow.

The ole C5 convertible with top down and Billy Boat Bullets rumbling brings a smile to the face.

Enjoy the fishing...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure don't see fish like that out of a stream, pond or lake. Those are pretty bazaar looking boogers.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the fish/pic on the right is thee Mother in law fish! Cabezon?

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are correct, Ling Cod and Cabezon. We caught all kinds of fish that day. At one point you couldn't get your baits to the bottom without getting a fish on. Once we brought in 5 fish at the same time. Each of us were fishing with 2 hooks. We also caught Vermillian, Blues, Blacks and a few others. Also caught Canarys but had to throw those back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread