Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went down here early today and almost bought the farm. About 45 degrees and very strong winds. I was hunched over walkin into the wind about 50 ft. back from the edge of the canyon when the wind caught my cap and sailed it off over the edge. Big mistake on my part; I turned and took a couple of steps to try and catch it. A strong blast of wind of wind picked me up like a kite right towards the edge. I got down on the ground but momentum took me on over. About 4 ft. down was some scrub brush and I grabbed that and stopped my fall. My main thought was 'God, I'm gonna die like a tourist!' and glad I didn't have the camera on me as it would probably get banged up. Luckily it wasn't no 400 or 500ft. straight drop, but not exactly a gently grassy slope either. Steep rocky incline with brush at the base about a 100 ft. on down. Couldn't go back up so did the Spiderman thing for a few feet until I could finally walk/crawl on down. Found my damn cap and slunk off to a different area for pics. Great day, I thought.

Attachments

• 9-8aa.jpg
    9-8aa.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 9-8bb.jpg
    9-8bb.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 9-8cc.jpg
    9-8cc.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 9-8dd.jpg
    9-8dd.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 9-8ee.jpg
    9-8ee.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 64

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! Glad you're still around!! You have some of the most GORGEOUS pics of the mountainscapes!! Anyway HOLD ON!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A day in the rockies without search & rescue hauling you out, I'd says a good day:thumbsup:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The more time you spend out like that, the more stories you have for the grand kids. Luckily there were no broken bones or rescuers involved. Just curious, did you look around to see if anyone was watching?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha! Nobody around to witness that escapade. I probably need to carry some rocks in pocket sometimes, cause I ain't no bigger than I was when I was in high school many years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread