tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I took a drive up to Estes Park yesterday and drove to the top of Trail Ridge road. The park was packed and we had our dogs and they are not allowed to go on the trails so we just drove slow in the 10 mile long line of traffic.. My wife's on vacation this week and the pass to get in the park is good for 7 days, so I've got a quick trip to make up in Ouray and we'll return to go hiking when I get back. Sure hope the week days are a lot less populated then yesterday. You knew when there were Elk 5 miles ahead as that was how long of a line of vehicles would jam up to a stop, as all tourist wanted to get pictures of em. When we went by the Elk, my dog Ollie went nuts barking at them and they all lifted their heads up from grazing and the multitudes of photographers all got nice shots of the bulls with their heads lifted high and epic looking. Good job there Ollie, to bad you don't get to go this next time.

Attachments

• trailridge road 092015 a.jpg
    trailridge road 092015 a.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 98
  • trailridge road 092015.jpg
    trailridge road 092015.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 94

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and I took a drive up to Estes Park yesterday and drove to the top of Trail Ridge road. The park was packed and we had our dogs and they are not allowed to go on the trails so we just drove slow in the 10 mile long line of traffic.. My wife's on vacation this week and the pass to get in the park is good for 7 days, so I've got a quick trip to make up in Ouray and we'll return to go hiking when I get back. Sure hope the week days are a lot less populated then yesterday. You knew when there were Elk 5 miles ahead as that was how long of a line of vehicles would jam up to a stop, as all tourist wanted to get pictures of em. When we went by the Elk, my dog Ollie went nuts barking at them and they all lifted their heads up from grazing and the multitudes of photographers all got nice shots of the bulls with their heads lifted high and epic looking. Good job there Ollie, to bad you don't get to go this next time.

If I squint hard I see a Big Horn Sheep in the middle of pic one right at the tree line.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I squint hard I see a Big Horn Sheep in the middle of pic one right at the tree line.

Blew it up to 300%, and that appears to be a reflection off of a
light colored boulder. :dontknow:

Sure is pretty country!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Been to Estes Park to the Scottish Highland Festival a couple of times. Love the Bag Pipes and the martial music.

Home

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pictures! That area in the second photo (center and to the right), there appears to be a spring seep. I would think that area would be a good area to search for lost artifacts lost from a hunt or camp site. Is it on the leeward side from the prevailing winds?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pictures! That area in the second photo (center and to the right), there appears to be a spring seep. I would think that area would be a good area to search for lost artifacts lost from a hunt or camp site. Is it on the leeward side from the prevailing winds?
This would be the east side of the divide OD, Pretty windy and cold from were I was standing. There'd be 20 of snow here in a few more month and pretty rugged country and thin air here at 12'000 feet. I think I'll leave the looking to younger folks, but it's anybodies guess what could be found out in all that? Maybe parts to a lost Cessna?. I did find the busted off tip of an aluminum small aircraft blade long ago panning gold in the upper Arkansas river once that must have washed down from higher up. I think I left it in the shed of the place I moved away from back then.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been to Estes Park to the Scottish Highland Festival a couple of times. Love the Bag Pipes and the martial music.

Home
Love the sound of bag pipes. I went to one Scottish Fest, but it was down south of Denver that time. My daughter was going out with a fella who'd get all dressed up in the attire and do battle scenes charging at each other with big swords. Just like Braveheart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread