Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up to Middle Park and camped here last night. Nice open country and probably good fishing when I'm not there. Paleo people used to come here and pick up that Kremmling Chert to use in tool making. I believe one of their old camps is on north side of the lake across from where I'm at on top of a flat hill. Lots of fall color goin on right now. Excellent weather, no rain, 75 in the day and 37 at night.

Attachments

• 9-23cc.jpg
    9-23cc.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 9-23dd.jpg
    9-23dd.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 9-23ee.jpg
    9-23ee.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 9-23ff.jpg
    9-23ff.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 9-23gg.jpg
    9-23gg.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 64

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sit'n at Leadville now for a bite and it feels like it'll be a night you want a build you a fire. Great shots :thumbsup:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and that's a sagebrush fire, BosnMate!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If I'm going someplace I have to burn sage brush, I take along a small sack of charcoal briquettes so I have coals to cook with.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I laid down 6 of those briquettes first then saved my stash of wood as dead sage was plentiful. You get the bigger pieces and it makes a good bed of coals when it burns down, which is what I cook over anyway. These coals were still live the next morning. I never have a very big fire when out by myself anyway. Perhaps the sorriest wood for a cooking fire is cottonwood. However, that's what I always used in my teepee when I lived in that. Dead cottonwood burns very quickly, with little smoke, and leaves a smaller amount of ash than other woods. Course you have to have access to a whole bunch of it as you will go through twice as much as some other woods. Pine is actually my least favorite wood, but that is the primary available material up here so I have to make do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread