Oklahoma getting the grandkids hooked on treasure hunting

Jenks Oklahoma

Oct 3, 2015
Jenks Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my grand daughters MD for the first time this weekend, we all had a great time had several kids join in with questions. I thought it would be a good time to talk to the kids at the park about treasure hunting and littering. With each piece of trash we dug up everyone was so disappointed and really bothered by all the trash hidden in the park. The parents even joined in by reminding their kids to use trash receptacles.

I'm new to metal detecting however I have always loved treasure hunting. I'm already wanting to upgrade my MD. When my boyfriend saw the girls using the MD's and how much fun they were having, he said so I guess we are getting them MD for Christmas or your getting an upgrade. One happy grandma here!

Our finds - one hot wheel, a couple bobby pins, 15 plus cans. One guy walking by threw a quarter for the kids to find.

Hunter park in Tulsa is cleaner by the way.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    548.7 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    980.4 KB · Views: 102

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one good lesson learned and everyone looks happy. What a wonderful afternoon!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How fun :) I have all daughter and when they were around that age I'd take them to an old dumping grounds and they'd find old broken china, glass and other things from the late 19th - early 20th century. They all were so excited of the things they were finding. One found an old Ford model A wrench.

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Welcome to TNET!

That is awesome to see that those young ladies are interested in metal detecting. Oklahoma is an ideal state to detect in with many good spots to look. Wishing you and those girls lots of luck in the future. :icon_thumleft:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool. I grew up in western Oklahoma and my family is from southeast Oklahoma. I've taken the kids and grandkids out detectin, as my plan was they would be the digger. Always winds up with them on the detector and me doin the diggin.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears everyone had a good time! Good Job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions