Very cool picture. You better hide your finds. ;D
-MM-

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Re: Who's been eating my cats food?

SWEET!

We have a raccoon that hangs here, the boys got sick of him getting in the dumpster and having to pick up a few little piece of non-edible trash up. Now I've seen this bugger, he's huge, estimate 35lbs. Anyway they set up this (rather small) have a heart trap with plans on re-locating "MY" raccoon, without my knowledge. Tuna sandwich and a hot dog for bait. Well the kitty was thankful for the meal but rather irratated at being stuck in the trap. They didn't tell me until I spoted the closed trap and asked what the heck they were up to. Well laughing hysterically they fessed up. Poor kitty! Not funny, trap is now back in storage. ::)

R

RUDY2003

Cool, what kind of dog is it??????

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BAM

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

EDDEKALB said:

Yeah. We get those. I feed them little lead pellets, not cat food. I raise chickens and they're not so cute and cuddly when they get in with a broody hen and leave torn up chicks, broken eggs and a dead hen scattered around. My Kerry Blue Terrier thinks they're close enough to badgers that he wants to meet them very badly when they come up on the deck. When I hear a very low "GRRRRRRRRR" I know we have company.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Boom....

Attachments

• 580711.gif
    580711.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 564
  • 580711.gif
    580711.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 553
  • 1113771197136.gif
    1113771197136.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 550
  • 1131262901125.gif
    1131262901125.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 550
  • 1147518937101.gif
    1147518937101.gif
    30 KB · Views: 549
  • stickfighters_av.gif
    stickfighters_av.gif
    136.7 KB · Views: 548
OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

COUNTRY GIRL said:
SWEET!

We have a raccoon that hangs here, the boys got sick of him getting in the dumpster and having to pick up a few little piece of non-edible trash up. Now I've seen this bugger, he's huge, estimate 35lbs. Anyway they set up this (rather small) have a heart trap with plans on re-locating "MY" raccoon, without my knowledge. Tuna sandwich and a hot dog for bait. Well the kitty was thankful for the meal but rather irratated at being stuck in the trap. They didn't tell me until I spoted the closed trap and asked what the heck they were up to. Well laughing hysterically they fessed up. Poor kitty! Not funny, trap is now back in storage. ::)

Be careful of that raccoon. My sister's nephews raised one and it got huge then it turned on them and tore them up!

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

The Bulgarian said:
Hey Bulgarian, I like your little pictures of the cats shooting! Thanks for sharing them.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Prober said:
The Bulgarian said:
Hey Bulgarian, I like your little pictures of the cats shooting! Thanks for sharing them.

You are welcome.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had one growing up the mom got ran over. He was so cute. He sleep in bed with me and during the day he'd sleep in my dads chair there was a hole in the back and he would crawl in there. He bit through my dads hand one day when he stuck it down the hole trying to get the critter out of it so he could sit in his chair. So I had to relocate him to a wildlife refuge...I cried for days. I was only around 9 yrs old. I remember that my coon loved ice cubes and kool-aid in a bowl. He did not like baths and hated to get his feet muddy when I took him to the lake. I always wondered if he made it in the wild. My folks were smart because they had me let him go at a place that was 3 hours away, otherwise I promise I would of went and got him.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

txkickergirl said:
I had one growing up the mom got ran over. He was so cute. He sleep in bed with me and during the day he'd sleep in my dads chair there was a hole in the back and he would crawl in there. He bit through my dads hand one day when he stuck it down the hole trying to get the critter out of it so he could sit in his chair. So I had to relocate him to a wildlife refuge...I cried for days. I was only around 9 yrs old. I remember that my coon loved ice cubes and kool-aid in a bowl. He did not like baths and hated to get his feet muddy when I took him to the lake. I always wondered if he made it in the wild. My folks were smart because they had me let him go at a place that was 3 hours away, otherwise I promise I would of went and got him.

I would have done the same. :'( :'(

I would not approach any adorable critter that is full grown, or their babe, not smart. but...... if one approached me......needing help, I'd be there. The raccoon here, I would never approach, it could work out, I'd never take that chance. The success ratio is not the best, just one makes it worth it. Be careful.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX

Your profile doesn't tell us much about where you are. Depending on where you are, you might be exposing yourself to a possible rabies infection. Raccoon rabies is transferable to pet dogs and cats and then to humans. If not detected, it is almost always fatal. Make sure your pets and any other pets in the area have their shots up to date. It is just a risk not worth taking.

Daryl

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

I had a pet baby squirrel who adopted me when I was a kid - while I was playing football in the neighborhood he ran out of a tree, grabbed my pant leg and clung on - he was cool! He scared the neighbors while hanging on their screen door, he ate Cheerios like big donuts, and then one day he was gone.

Months later I stuck my foot in my winter boot and squish - I found him. :'(

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

Hey Prober!
Masked, hungry and armed; the little bandit!

I personally love raccoons and all wild life. We see a variety here in southern Colorado! Wild, and in the wild is where such creatures should be and remain for sure. Sadly, time's are changing and cages, large and small are cropping everywhere. Keep feeding that critter and he'll play nicey! :)

GRB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread