Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorado's Garden of the Lesser Gods

Kind of a cool spot along Ten Mille Creek west of town, and pretty much only locals know about it. Easy to get to but hard to find, and I stumbled onto it about 10 years ago cause I don't follow the beaten path much, and I don't know the history of it or who did it. Lots of rocks arranged in different 'sculptures'. To me, I noticed dogs, cats, monsters, and alligators. (I think alligators are easier to do, as there looks to be 3 or 4 of them) You walk around what looks like a pile of rocks and it turns into an animal, real or imaginary. When you start studying them, you realize whoever did this really does have a special talent. I thought the paved area might date from the mining era, but everything else is more modern. Another remarkable thing, nobody vandalizes this place.

Attachments

• 10-26a.jpg
    10-26a.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 10-26b.jpg
    10-26b.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 10-26c.jpg
    10-26c.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 10-26d.jpg
    10-26d.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 10-26e.jpg
    10-26e.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 53

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of the place. Best to keep the location a secret from the riffraff. My daughter told me those stone stacking thing going around is a violation in Boulder County. We saw them here and there in Rocky Mountain Park and I saw some on the summit of Independence Pass. Who ever did what you have there had some talent over just piling up random rocks.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not illegal to stack rocks in Boulder County. That Gravity Glue guy over there, who does that stone balancing (look that up, amazing what he does) had a confrontation with an overzealous police officer whose reasoning was that stone balancing might somehow divert the flow of the stream and contribute to flooding. The city attorney over there declined to prosecute. Now if you did some large scale rock stacking in a waterway, maybe a couple of tons of rocks involved, that would affect the stream flow and you could and should be hauled into court.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not illegal to stack rocks in Boulder County. That Gravity Glue guy over there, who does that stone balancing (look that up, amazing what he does) had a confrontation with an overzealous police officer whose reasoning was that stone balancing might somehow divert the flow of the stream and contribute to flooding. The city attorney over there declined to prosecute. Now if you did some large scale rock stacking in a waterway, maybe a couple of tons of rocks involved, that would affect the stream flow and you could and should be hauled into court.
Okay, I see it's once again full steam ahead on rock stacking. Thanks for the link on Glue Guy. I've never seen it before. Sure have a lot of images online of his masterpieces. Wonder what that pays ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions