USAF Thunderbirds

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Yesterday the Air Force Thunderbirds gave a demonstration at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs for graduation,and flew near my house.I heard them fly by grabbed my camera and ran out on the deck and took these shots. The planes were way far away by the time I got to the deck, so look for the white specks, those will be the jets.

Attachments

• thunderbirds-1.jpg
    thunderbirds-1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Thunderbirds 2.jpg
    Thunderbirds 2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Thunderbirds 3.jpg
    Thunderbirds 3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Thunderbirds 4.jpg
    Thunderbirds 4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 248
  • thunderbirds 5.jpg
    thunderbirds 5.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 246
OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Thanks to all of you, your starting to make me feel better about my snapshots. Wildriderit it was so loud the house shook, thats why I grabbed the camera and ran out on the deck,I thought I was being bombed and I wanted to get pictures for the insurance company. ;D

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TLH said:
Thanks to all of you, your starting to make me feel better about my snapshots. Wildriderit it was so loud the house shook, thats why I grabbed the camera and ran out on the deck,I thought I was being bombed and I wanted to get pictures for the insurance company. ;D

LOL!!!, I remember back when I was a kid an Air Force pilot that grew up in the area would fly over on the weekends and break the sound barrier in the valley below us and wake up the whole neighborhood. I thought it was way too cool.

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
...Great Photos.

My Brother in law taught soaring at the academy for 3 years and I used to love to go out and visit. The Colo Springs area is such a beautiful place.

Dave

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Two of my brothers are Academy grads and I got to see the birds at the 85 graduation. In 92, weather was so bad they couldn't fly :'(. They're supposed to be in Pittsburgh in a week or two ;D. What a show that will be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread