tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this old 'space age design' B&W TV in a indoor Flea Market. They had it hooked up to a VCR playing an old Andy Griffith episode. Boy, that took me back to a time when I watched that show on our old B&W set. I think it was just before the time Apollo 11 blasted off my Dad broke down and got us a new color TV like everyone else had. Color TV, was sure a game changer. I couldn't imagine watching Hee Haw and Laugh in B&W ... Thanks! Dad

Attachments

• B and W TV.jpg
    B and W TV.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • NBC peacock.jpg
    NBC peacock.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 72

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We didn't get a color TV until 1974. I still enjoy watching many of the old B&W television shows and old movies. Times were so much easier when you only had 3 to 4 channels to choose from and no remote control.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We didn't get a color TV until 1974. I still enjoy watching many of the old B&W television shows and old movies. Times were so much easier when you only had 3 to 4 channels to choose from and no remote control.
Indeed! Most of all of us had a bit more in common back in those times then today. We knew what next to do and all tuned in to the Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel. These days you never know whats all click'n in some of the minds you come across. We're definitely not all on the same page as before.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was out of work, auto insurance had expired, no hope for a job. A friend traded me a 19" color TV for my '67 4 color Mustang in 1975. At least I could watch color TV while nothing else in my world seemed to work.....

Got a job and moved to an apartment in Greensboro working as a boilermaker. When I returned home from a week away at a job site, my apartment had been burglarized, and everything I owned was gone. Moral of the story = there is no moral.... Even when you're getting your life together, there's always something to bring you down....

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still get a kick out of seeing those old shows in color. Seems like we always watched them in B&W back in the day.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can handle some of the old black & white shows.
actually I like allot of them.

But I really hate when they get artistic and make black & white movies today.
anything from the 70's up should be color. I lost count of the amount of times I sat down to watch a Movie that I thought I'd enjoy & when I realized they filmed it in Black & White for some insane reason.
I turned it off

it even irritates me when shows like the walking dead get artistic & air scenes in Black & white.
it makes be think about fast forwarding to the color parts.

The Only newer movie I can watch in black & white is young Frankenstein.
and I think I would enjoy that more if they Colorized it.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grew up with one then two channels on a B&W tv that was parted together from the weekly auction sales. If you could make out the hockey puck it was good viewing. I remember the time when the broadcaster said that the next day the channel was going colour. I got up early ran to the set turned on the cartoons and they were in B&W and I wasn't pleased. We're now 18 months without a tv and life seems to have survived.

Just wanted to add that the first time I saw Bonanza in colour at a neighbour's house, and saw the map burning in colour, my life sucked big time. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grew up with one then two channels on a B&W tv that was parted together from the weekly auction sales. If you could make out the hockey puck it was good viewing. I remember the time when the broadcaster said that the next day the channel was going colour. I got up early ran to the set turned on the cartoons and they were in B&W and I wasn't pleased. We're now 18 months without a tv and life seems to have survived.

Just wanted to add that the first time I saw Bonanza in colour at a neighbour's house, and saw the map burning in colour, my life sucked big time. :)
I still remember a little rich girl in grade school boasting the next day after the Wizard of Oz was on how when Dorothy opened the door after her house landed all the color came flowing in from that point in the movie on "Their New Color TV". That I think was maybe 1964 or so. It made me think I was from poor folk. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread